Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 06:13 AM

19 posts, read 56,430 times

Advertisements

You mean hotdog right? wait which is better hot dog or pizza? All hot dog tasted the same to me. What make Chicago unique?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 01:04 AM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times
^^

Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 AM

77,737 posts, read 59,889,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Mathias View Post
I will be visiting some relatives in Chicago in a few months and would like to know what is considered the best pizza in Chicago?

Also, I need an Italian roast beef sandwich fix!

Any suggestions on your favorites?
Giordano's can be found throughout Chicago and the suburbs, which means you might be able to find one near you. Tastes differ but I think they are the best and certainly in most peoples top few.

Giordano's Locations (http://www.giordanos.com/locations.php - broken link)

I brought my girlfriend back Giordano's from a recent trip there (She's a Chicago native) and you would have thought I'd bought her a new car based on her reaction.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 AM

266 posts, read 998,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolL View Post
Best pizza: Lou Malnati's (several locations), Gino's East

Best Italian beef is not in Chicago, but in Elmwood Park and totally worth the drive:

Johnnie's Beef
7500 W North Ave
Elmwood Park, IL 60707-4140
(708) 452-600
Thanks for the information. Is the roast beef on rolls with the little yellow peppers? i am getting hungry just thinking about!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadventurer View Post
You mean hotdog right? wait which is better hot dog or pizza? All hot dog tasted the same to me. What make Chicago unique?
Nope not hotdog. That is a different thread.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Giordano's can be found throughout Chicago and the suburbs, which means you might be able to find one near you. Tastes differ but I think they are the best and certainly in most peoples top few.

Giordano's Locations (http://www.giordanos.com/locations.php - broken link)

I brought my girlfriend back Giordano's from a recent trip there (She's a Chicago native) and you would have thought I'd bought her a new car based on her reaction.
Ok, Giordano's will be on my list. I may have to stay longer!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 AM

365 posts, read 1,249,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Mathias View Post
Thanks for the information. Is the roast beef on rolls with the little yellow peppers? i am getting hungry just thinking about!
All Italian beef sandwiches in Chicago are on "rolls," i.e. Italian bread, also made in Chicago. Generally, if you order the sandwich with sweet peppers, you get the roasted, green bell peppers. If you order it "hot," you probably won't get the little yellow peppers whole, but rather chopped as an ingredient in giardiniera. (If you're from out of town, you may not know that giardiniera in Chicago may not be what you're used to; here, it is not the bland relish that was sold on the East Coast when we lived there. Here, it can be pretty spicy.)

For an explanation and picture:
Straight Dope Chicago: Who invented Italian beef, and why can't you get it outside of Chicago?

Old 09-06-2009, 05:06 PM

41 posts, read 115,355 times
Default need some suggestions

Hi everyone, I grew up in chicago, then moved to sw florida. trust me their is no good pizza here, they did put an aurelios pizza here last year, but was disappointed with the end result. Anyways, my favorite thing to do when I go back home is go to giordanos for spinach stuffed pizza, and of course the chicago hot dog. I want to place an order online but giordaos charges 50 dollars just to ship, i want to surprise my husband who never had pan pizza before, I know ginos east ships and lou's. Which place doyou think would be comparable to giordanos. Thanks appreciate your comments.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:17 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times
^ Thanks for searching the forum and posting in an appropriate thread! ^

Old 09-06-2009, 05:35 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,419,263 times
Has anyone eaten at that uberpopular pizza joint in Andersonville. I've heard they make the cracker crust style pizza (like at Piece) but every time I've walked by the joint they are closed. Is the pie worth the wait/visit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago