Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 PM

12 posts, read 52,557 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to a new address which requires permit parking somewhere in the middle of July. Stupidly, I forgot about that and I've just ordered a $75 city sticker online, under my old address which doesn't require permit parking.

I'm completely new to the permit parking process and so I'm wondering what would be the most cost-efficient way for me to be parking legally from now until the move to my new place and afterwards? Will my current city sticker purchase be a complete waste of money?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 09:05 PM

47 posts, read 54,831 times
The city sticker is never a waste of money. You are required to have one.

Go to your new alderman's office and get guest passes until you can get the sticker issue figured out.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times
I have a private parking spot at my place. Do I still need a city sticker on the car? I have a sticker but it's for the apartment complex I'm parked in. I've been driving around without one since I moved here in January and haven't gotten a ticket yet.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I have a private parking spot at my place. Do I still need a city sticker on the car? I have a sticker but it's for the apartment complex I'm parked in. I've been driving around without one since I moved here in January and haven't gotten a ticket yet.

Is your car registered in Chicago? Do you ever park on the streets when going out? If yes, you need a sticker. Your luck with not getting tickets will not last forever.

Last edited by thelizardking; 05-29-2011 at 09:23 PM..

Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 PM

12 posts, read 52,557 times
@thelizardking: Thanks, but could you elaborate more on the "you can get the sticker issue figured out" part? In the past this probably wasn't such a big deal since the city sticker and annual permit were separate stickers, but from what I read they're now one and the same with the zone number right on the sticker? So if that's the case, could I do some kind of transfer to a new sticker with the correct number on it, without having to pay full price again?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayeo87 View Post
So if that's the case, could I do some kind of transfer to a new sticker with the correct number on it, without having to pay full price again?
That is a possibility. You are going to have to call the city or go in person to find out. I have never had the issue you have. You still are going to have to pay the extra money for the zone permit validation though.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:22 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
Is your car registered in Chicago? Do you ever park on the streets when going out? If yes, you need a sticker.
Yes and yes, but I don't park it outside of the place that often. How much is the ticket if I get caught?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Yes and yes, but I don't park it outside of the place that often. How much is the ticket if I get caught?

More than the sticker would have cost.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,811 times
My Chicago city sticker is valid till the month of June 2014. But i had moved out of Chicago to a Suburb (Mount Prospect) on Jan 10th 2014. Is there any option to return the Chicago city sticker and get back the pro-rate amount for the remaining unused 6 months?

Old 01-14-2014, 09:55 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanand4 View Post
My Chicago city sticker is valid till the month of June 2014. But i had moved out of Chicago to a Suburb (Mount Prospect) on Jan 10th 2014. Is there any option to return the Chicago city sticker and get back the pro-rate amount for the remaining unused 6 months?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago