Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:19 PM

2,299 posts, read 6,154,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
True. The race thing is also complicated as police want as much info out there as possible when they're trying to cast a net for the perps.

How do you get away from something as basic as a physical description?

To address your point on perception, we just need more stories on the positive things happening in the black and latino communities, I know they're out there, many don't.
Yes, positive stories will make things all better! After being hit with a baseball I'll be able to distract myself during the beating by thinking of all the wonderful things happening in the black community. It will make the beating so much more enjoyable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:30 PM

278 posts, read 633,544 times
I wasn't even avoiding black teens on my bike I was just being cautious in case any kid tried to pull ****.bi was being aware. Look, if it was a bunch of grimy white kids from an Irish neighborhood on the south side I'd be cautious of grimy white kids. Can u ultra liberals be realistic for once in your lives? And if it was a bunch of black men in suits on Michigan ave no, I would not think twice about them. But it's not.

And jail isn't the answer? Really OP? What's the answer then? A little love and a hug? I worked at an alternative high school for troubled kids, mostly black and hispanic, in south Seattle. Jail is exactly what a lot of those kids need. Problem is most of them are too unintelligent to not repeat the same mistakes when they get out of jail.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,831,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Yes, positive stories will make things all better! After being hit with a baseball I'll be able to distract myself during the beating by thinking of all the wonderful things happening in the black community. It will make the beating so much more enjoyable!
I feel your pain. I felt the same way about being fiscally raped by the white Republicans who ensured that their sweeping tax cuts would lead to me losing my hard-earned social security benefits.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
I wasn't even avoiding black teens on my bike I was just being cautious in case any kid tried to pull ****.bi was being aware. Look, if it was a bunch of grimy white kids from an Irish neighborhood on the south side I'd be cautious of grimy white kids. Can u ultra liberals be realistic for once in your lives? And if it was a bunch of black men in suits on Michigan ave no, I would not think twice about them. But it's not.

And jail isn't the answer? Really OP? What's the answer then? A little love and a hug? I worked at an alternative high school for troubled kids, mostly black and hispanic, in south Seattle. Jail is exactly what a lot of those kids need. Problem is most of them are too unintelligent to not repeat the same mistakes when they get out of jail.
Your last two sentences are an oxymoron when taken together. If jail worked, then they wouldn't be repeating the mistakes.

And I wasn't avoiding anybody on my bike, homey don't play that. I learned long, long ago to walk with my head high and my shoulders straight right into groups like that. A few years back I almost flattened some kid in the red line/blue line tunnel because he and his friends were walking about 6 people abreast and weren't paying attention - so I barreled right through him. You know what happened? His "friends" laughed their asses off at him.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:44 PM

Jail works in that it gets these idiots off the street and unable to harm people. It doesn't work in that the people that get out of jail often have nothing when they get out and repeat the same dumbAss mistakes. So the problem at it's core is how these kids are raised: Terrible educations but way more importantly, terrible parenting by often single mothers. No male role models. Their own fathers abandoned them. These kids are angry and play the alpha male out of a primitive need to dominate. what can we do about the biggest problem which is parenting? Absolutely nothing. So off to jail they go.

IMO what these kids need is to attack an armed man like an undercover cop who destroys them and shows them they do not dominate this world. THey have no fear so what they need is to be scared to commit these kinds of crimes.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,393,659 times
Quote:
Jail works in that it gets these idiots off the street and unable to harm people. It doesn't work in that the people that get out of jail often have nothing when they get out and repeat the same dumbAss mistakes. So the problem at it's core is how these kids are raised: Terrible educations but way more importantly, terrible parenting by often single mothers. No male role models. Their own fathers abandoned them. These kids are angry and play the alpha male out of a primitive need to dominate. what can we do about the biggest problem which is parenting? Absolutely nothing. So off to jail they go.

IMO what these kids need is to attack an armed man like an undercover cop who destroys them and shows them they do not dominate this world. THey have no fear so what they need is to be scared to commit these kinds of crimes.
the thing is these people prey on the weak, were any of the people attacked 6'4" 225 males that look as though if they were attacked, they might get a few hits or injure them back? so I don't think that is going to happen. there are a lot of easier targets out there.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:

I'll tell you what, you reform the jails so they aren't just places these guys go and beef up in the weight room and you might have a point.

Seriously, what complete and total moron ever decided giving people with loads of time on their hands access to weights to make themselves even more threatening was a good idea?

Old 06-09-2011, 04:25 PM

Lol the weight lifting is a good point.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:12 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,454,501 times
Default I just can't stop being angered by this...allow me to rant...

The more I think about all of this, the more I want to call for a "flash mob" on all of these thugs parents!!! I mean, the audacity of Dvonte's mother...no, not mother...that little EGG DONOR/INCUBATOR to complain about her sons bail? How the F dare her! Her attitude is what sets the Black community 5 steps back!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:41 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,069,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I'll tell you what, you reform the jails so they aren't just places these guys go and beef up in the weight room and you might have a point.

Seriously, what complete and total moron ever decided giving people with loads of time on their hands access to weights to make themselves even more threatening was a good idea?
It really is amazing the % of people in Chicago who are back in jail within 72 hours of being released. Jail is just a normal way of life for many, they don't even get upset. It's like keeping an appointment. Get out of jail, go hang out, beat the living crap out of someone and rob them, go back to jail, hang out, free food, work out, get out of jail, hang out, beat the......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago