Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,097 times

Advertisements

Ha; I love how this thread moved from availability of places close to the loop to a critique of a particular apartment. I just now noticed that this site lists it as 900 sq feet. I wonder how accurate that would be, because if it is indeed 900 sq feet; that is huge and probably well worth it. Otherwise, if it were your basic 600 sq foot place WITHOUT heat, that doesn't seem too inviting. Is that part of Wicker Park even desirable?

Juan, in addition to your searches, have you checked the lower portion of North Center and Roscoe Village? I looked at a fairly nice building that included heat that was priced at $835.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 PM

61 posts, read 71,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Is that part of Wicker Park even desirable?

It is not even in Wicker Park. It is in Noble Square.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,097 times
Seeing as I don't give two shiits about the west side, is Noble Square nice?

Old 06-11-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Seeing as I don't give two shiits about the west side, is Noble Square nice?
Technically Noble Square is the West Side as well. I always found it to be a bit quieter with people traffic when I lived there than Wicker Park. I liked the somewhat seclusion of Noble Square and the lower rent that came along with it.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:20 AM

15 posts, read 106,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanTheman88 View Post
I've been targeting any place that is easy to get downtown via public transportation, preferably the el. i am only against edgewater, rogers park, and so forth since they are so far. the closer to downtown the better. it seems like every decent place within 30 mins of downtown is like 1200 for a 1 br at least.
If your criteria is to get to downtown in 30 min via public transportation, the near suburb can offer you that with affordable price and safer neighborhood. Check LaGrange area. Metra during rush hour only takes about 16 min to get to downtown. The crime rate is also much lower than Chicago.

Good luck,

Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 AM

103 posts, read 225,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_city_data View Post
If your criteria is to get to downtown in 30 min via public transportation, the near suburb can offer you that with affordable price and safer neighborhood. Check LaGrange area. Metra during rush hour only takes about 16 min to get to downtown. The crime rate is also much lower than Chicago.

Good luck,
thanks but i am currently commuting from the suburbs, the goal is to get downtown. i am about to head downtown to check out a couple places right around the 900 mark on the north side. hopefully when i respond next i will have a lease signed.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:45 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Don't sweat it if an apartment doesn't come with a dishwasher. I bought a wheeled, portable dishwasher off of Craigslist for $150 and it is easy and well worth it.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:52 AM

So I think I found the perfect place yesterday. Landlord showed it to me at Noon yesterday and I called him last night and left a voicemail saying I want to see it again and proceed. When is too early to call him back again this morning? I don't want to miss out on this place.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanTheman88 View Post
So I think I found the perfect place yesterday. Landlord showed it to me at Noon yesterday and I called him last night and left a voicemail saying I want to see it again and proceed. When is too early to call him back again this morning? I don't want to miss out on this place.

Since it is Sunday, I would have waited until at least 10am. Where is this place located?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Yea i called him at 10:05 am with no answer. Then texted at 2 pm as a last ditch resort and he texted me back. I am seeing it again on my lunch hour tomorrow and hopefully signing lease. The apartment is just east of western right by the western blue line. It's lame how hard to reach these landlords are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago