Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:03 PM

400 posts, read 957,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownperson View Post
Ok, so you don't understand, which is why I responded the way I did. And yes, cause there been no condescension in your posts... Eye roll. Oh, you like the sentence reply YOU just wrote? Lol
Hahaha yeah another so you dont understand response. Good nonspecific response. Good, so you have devolved the discussion into nothing.

Oops. http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll-tactics.html
Yeah my bad. No further discussion unless something is actually discussed.
We have truly reached a deadend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,786,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier xerxes View Post
Hahaha yeah another so you dont understand response. Good nonspecific response. Good, so you have devolved the discussion into nothing.

Oops. Recognising and Dealing with Trolls
Yeah my bad. No further discussion unless something is actually discussed.
We have truly reached a deadend.
I've already contributed to the discussion, so you can save your definition of a troll for yourself. I'm sure this is not your last and final attempt at character mudding, most likely to cover up your own inability at really discussion, but I'm amused to see what you come up with next.

Like I said, I've tried to have a discussion with you about the realities of crime in Rogers Park, but having a discussion with you about Rogers Park is like trying to get Michele Bachmann to acknowledge to torture is wrong... it doesn't matter what you say, or the examples you provide, cause she is going to continue pushing her skewed sense of reality and agenda. You can try as much as you want to pin this downward spiral on me, but posts are there (apart from the ones deleted) for all to see.

Last edited by chitownperson; 11-22-2011 at 11:17 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,574 times
Quote:
I've already contributed to the discussion, so you can save your definition of a troll for yourself. I'm sure this is not your last and final attempt at character mudding, most likely to cover up your own inability at really discussion, but I'm amused to see what you come up with next.

Like I said, I've tried to have a discussion with you about the realities of crime in Rogers Park, but having a discussion with you about Rogers Park is like trying to get Michele Bachmann to acknowledge to torture is wrong... it doesn't matter what you say, or the examples you provide, cause she is going to continue pushing her skewed sense of reality and agenda. You can try as much as you want to pin this downward spiral on me, but posts are there (apart from the ones deleted) for all to see.
Have you ever lived in Rogers Park?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:30 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post

Old 11-23-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yes.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:49 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Me too, we lived there for 4 years. Never had a single problem.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Me too, we lived there for 4 years. Never had a single problem.
Congratulations!

Old 11-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Yes.
I'll be honest and say I find that very hard to believe. You have provided not one ounce of personal experience to back up your hatred of Rogers Park. Instead, you copy and pasted newspaper articles.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I'll be honest and say I find that very hard to believe. You have provided not one ounce of personal experience to back up your hatred of Rogers Park. Instead, you copy and pasted newspaper articles.
Ok, so you don't believe me, that's fine. I pasted articles because XX wanted "specific" examples, and made it clear that he was NOT interested in my "subjective" "experience". It's useless to critique with someone who does not want to hear it, because if I talk about my experience, then it's "subjective" and untrustworthy... If I bring up the experiences of people close to me, it's untrustworthy because it's not my "personal experience"... If I give examples from the news, it's untrustworthy because it's not my "personal experience"... So then the trick here is to not critique Chicago with someone who does not want to hear critique. And you call critique, "hatred", that's fine too.

This ironically reminds me of another tread where I critique the quality of "most" Chinese food in Chicago, from my "personal experience" of spending years of eating a lot of Chinese food from all around China while living there, only to be met with defensiveness about how I'm being a snob, and my "personal experience" counts for nothing because everyone has a different experience.

I love a lot of things about Chicago, but I suddenly get painted as a "hater" when I bring up the negatives in the city. It's always refreshing to hear from locals that have a sense of distance and objectivity when they take a look at where they live.

Last edited by chitownperson; 11-23-2011 at 10:29 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Ok, so you don't believe me, that's fine. I pasted articles because XX wanted "specific" examples, and made it clear that he was NOT interested in my "subjective" "experience". It's useless to critique with someone who does not want to hear it, because if I talk about my experience, then it's "subjective" and untrustworthy... If I bring up the experiences of people close to me, it's untrustworthy because it's not my "personal experience"... If I give examples from the news, it's untrustworthy because it's not my "personal experience"... So then the trick here is to not critique Chicago with someone who does not want to hear critique. And you call critique, "hatred", that's fine too.
I did not see any of your subjective postings describing what it was like to live in Rogers Park. If I missed that please point it out to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago