Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM

1,478 posts, read 2,402,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
What exactly does one do with this information?

This thread will not end well.
The intent of the thread by the OP may not have been wonderful, but I do think some of this information can be useful if one digs a bit deeper.

-destruction of Cabrini and its impact on diversity in the near north side.
-African American flight of middle/working class from some of the S and W side neighborhoods
-areas getting less Eastern European and more Hispanic as 2nd and 3rd gen Poles move out to the burbs.
-white gentrification in certain inner core neighborhoods.

Neighborhoods go from white to black to hispanic and back to white to all shades all the time. It doesn't necessarily have to be a good or bad thing, but it can certainly change the character of the neighborhood and it is interesting in terms of looking at Chicago as a dynamic, always-changing place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 09:16 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,259,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Just for statistics and comparison since this group seems to be the one most in decline. I'm also to lazy to do the other races.
If you are too lazy to research other races how would you know if Whites are the ones in "most decline" ?

The Associated Press: Census: Fewer black children in biggest US cities

Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 PM

4,354 posts, read 5,090,346 times
Gee, in most cities across this country, which group has historically been the most in decline?
We are all aware that whites are moving back into the cities, but to what neighborhoods and in what amounts are not widely discernable. Those numbers are straight from the census. Here's the map I went by for neighborhood boundaries. I consider it to be the most accurate I could find.

Chicago Neighborhoods Map: WildOnions.org Interactive Map of Chicago Neighborhoods

And for those who did background searches of my posts from way back when. Well, I just don't know what to say.. Get a life!!!

I did the PIGD question in response to an article about the subject discussed in British science journals.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago76 View Post
Yeah, his message history is pretty strange...some real "gems" like those titled: "Will Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis replenish the white race?"
Chicago 76.

I was just searching for the thread you found and I just gave up on the count of being bored to death doing so. How long did you spend searching? Besides the time it's taking for me to send this message, I'm done here. I will now go to the lavatory and do something alot more interesting then obsessively stalking peoples post histories, like read a Pottery Barn catalog.

Jesus

Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Chicago 76.

I was just searching for the thread you found and I just gave up on the count of being bored to death doing so. How long did you spend searching? Besides the time it's taking for me to send this message, I'm done here. I will now go to the lavatory and do something alot more interesting then obsessively stalking peoples post histories, like read a Pottery Barn catalog.

Jesus
I spent 15 seconds. See, you click on the person, then click history, and then you can scroll down before selecting the next page. Admittedly, you might have grown tired of trying to read the % white stuff on page 1, so you might not have gotten all the way to page 2. That's where that was. Just a little FYI when you read your Pottery Barn catalog or a book without pictures sometime: page 1 isn't the end of the story. You can actually flip the page and read the rest of the story if literacy skills permit you to progess that far.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,181,822 times
Quote:
Gee, in most cities across this country, which group has historically been the most in decline?
We are all aware that whites are moving back into the cities, but to what neighborhoods and in what amounts are not widely discernable. Those numbers are straight from the census. Here's the map I went by for neighborhood boundaries. I consider it to be the most accurate I could find.

Chicago Neighborhoods Map: WildOnions.org Interactive Map of Chicago Neighborhoods

And for those who did background searches of my posts from way back when. Well, I just don't know what to say.. Get a life!!!

I did the PIGD question in response to an article about the subject discussed in British science journals.
Your numbers are absolutely NOT from the most current census. As I stated before, they also are not about changes that have occurred in Chicago, they are just percentages by neighborhood (which are wildly incorrect to boot). Your statement is about change, and your statistics have nothing whatsoever to do with changes. Even if the numbers were correct it is a complete logic fail on all levels.

You posted figures on Logan Square, Bucktown, and Wicker Park that are just absolutely wrong - can you post links to back up your claimed census numbers? Tomcho's link in the first page of the thread provides an easy way to look at neighborhood stats and changes that have occurred over the 10 years. The census numbers show the opposite of what you are claiming. How do you explain that?

I do have some issues with Chicago76 spending 15 seconds looking for your past posts, I'm willing to bet it took him less than 10 seconds (possibly less than 5) to check out your history. It is easy to check out someone's previous posts, and it makes sense to do a quick check before posting a response.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:28 AM

867 posts, read 1,365,578 times
Quote:
Chicago 76.

Jesus
Don't get defensive now! You started this half a$$ed thread to begin with. As an AA, I was unsure of where you were going with this whole "declining white race" thing anyway.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I spent 15 seconds. See, you click on the person, then click history, and then you can scroll down before selecting the next page. Admittedly, you might have grown tired of trying to read the % white stuff on page 1, so you might not have gotten all the way to page 2. That's where that was. Just a little FYI when you read your Pottery Barn catalog or a book without pictures sometime: page 1 isn't the end of the story. You can actually flip the page and read the rest of the story if literacy skills permit you to progess that far.
Your so full of it. I just scrolled down 5 pages and I again started thinking about arbitrary things like the guy from the movie "Surrogates" who was masquerading as a tall black guy. lol. 15 seconds, yeah right. Does anyone know on here if there are people who have multiple accounts and pretend to agree with themselves for comfort?

BTW. Pottery Barn, page 10 had a picture of you sitting on a potty trainer. Very cute

As you can tell, I am definitely not the type of person who takes anything personally. Who ever you are....lol

Old 07-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Your so full of it. I just scrolled down 5 pages and I again started thinking about arbitrary things like the guy from the movie "Surrogates" who was masquerading as a tall black guy. lol. 15 seconds, yeah right. Does anyone know on here if there are people who have multiple accounts and pretend to agree with themselves for comfort?
Here you are. Page 2:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...5&pp=30&page=2

It's not even on the bottom of page 2. Post from 4/29.

I weep for the quality of education you must have received in school.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:51 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,134,047 times
Quote:
Here you are. Page 2:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...5&pp=30&page=2

It's not even on the bottom of page 2. Post from 4/29.

I weep for the quality of education you must have received in school.
No to go ad hominem on UrbanQuest. but in 20 seconds I saw his threads on whites in NYC, whites in Boston, whites in SF, Indians in OK, immigrants in general and the notorious thread on replenishing the white race.

So folks can draw their conclusions from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago