Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 01:25 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,365,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
anyone who finds Belmont and Clark scary at any time of day has a massive vagina.
Aleking - have you even read this whole thread? If you did, you would see that we have been detailing the problems that lakeview has been having this summer. i am not saying that Belmont and Clark is as bad as Englewood, but it literally has turned into a VERY dangerous place at night. It did not used to be like this. As I mentioned earlier posts, things are getting better but it is STILL very dangerous, it is almost to the point where I have to drive up to my girlfriend's apartment, pick her up, and then drive her back to my place. It isnt safe enough for her to walk by herself down belmont. It is rediculous.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 PM

491 posts, read 1,116,899 times
Quote:
anyone who finds Belmont and Clark scary at any time of day has a massive vagina.
There has been stuff going on there recently. Anyone who doesn't realize that is stupid.

Here's from an article on a stabbing from the week of July 18.

"The scene of the crime is not far from the Boystown strip of Halsted Street, where several acts of violence have sparked concern – and racial tension – in the busy gay nightlife district. Most infamously, Rubin Robinson, 25, was stabbed and beaten on July 3, in an attack that was caught on videotape. A suspect has been charged in the case."

That is just what made it in the news.

Noticing there is some unsavory stuff going on in an area is not being 'scared' of it, you would have to be a moron or totally unfamiliar with the area not to notice that a lot of trouble makers have been hanging out around there this summer.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:22 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,089,507 times
I have to say though, being someone who hangs out on Belmont/Clark/Halsted every weekend, after all the crap that went down 5 weeks ago the area has gotten a lot more quiet. As with many things, it all tends to go in waves.

My best friends own a bar on Halsted near Belmont and also a restaurant on Cornelia and Halsted. They've been very involved, and I've gone to meetings with them as well. I'm glad about the police stepping up their patrols. My friends said it got much much better during the few weeks after, and while a few bag eggs are coming back along Halsted more now, it's still pretty calm most nights.

The area to be on the lookout is right near Berlin and at the train stop around Belmont over to Clark. They need to get a handle on that. One of my friends lives on the 3rd floor overlooking Belmont and Clark on the northeast corner of the street. He's pretty fed up with everything this summer. He works at a few bars and is always on the streets between 2am and 5am depending on his shift and when close is on that night of the week. He said weekends are pretty annoying with the crap walking the streets.

I'm curious if they're going to shut down the night ministry and do something with the Center on Halsted up the street.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:12 PM

427 posts, read 460,256 times
Quote:
Apparently you have never seen the 6'4" tall muscular drag queens that hang out around there late at night.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:40 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,504,364 times
Psssh, they're only 6'4" in heels and platforms.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:01 PM

68 posts, read 122,769 times
Glad to hear that Lakeview has quieted down a tiny bit in the last few days.

But the cops have to remain vigilant. The second they leave (and you know they will), the stabbings and assaults will start anew.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM

994 posts, read 1,822,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonWI1 View Post
Glad to hear that Lakeview has quieted down a tiny bit in the last few days.

But the cops have to remain vigilant. The second they leave (and you know they will), the stabbings and assaults will start anew.
Get lost.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,365,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Get lost.
Huh? Why should he get lost? He is correct. The police need to not only stay vigilant, but hopefully we will get more police. Also, the way I understand it, the Pink Angels (an offshoot of the Guardian Angles group) will start patrolling at night starting in September.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:06 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,504,364 times
You know what is a bigger deterrent than police, concealed weapons, and Pink Angels combined? January. Brrr.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 PM

4,111 posts, read 9,025,666 times
Quote:
Crude but accurate..

I'm never there except for night and I don't know what you people are talking about. It's not scary at all.

Last edited by urza216; 08-09-2011 at 09:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago