U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-09-2011, 06:26 AM

3,528 posts, read 2,603,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0681 View Post
I think there was an article that even though Chicago lost population during that time period, the majority of the loss was the black population, whites may have held steady or even grew during that period. Its not good to see any race leave, Chicago needs all of its races to become the mixing pot that it is but you cant say every race declined during the last 10 years.
I remember reading an article that mentioned the same ,, not sure but it may have been on the census news page

I know the foreclosure crisis hit chicago rather hard with its predatory lending and i am almost positive this is a direct result of some of the losses . its true too that the crisis was everywhere in the usa but during the loose times of the refi boom its printed and a fact black were targeted (predatory lending)
this had a direct result on SOME people moving out of the area or into the burbs
If you think about that it makes sense.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM

4,779 posts, read 5,169,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
I remember reading an article that mentioned the same ,, not sure but it may have been on the census news page

I know the foreclosure crisis hit chicago rather hard with its predatory lending and i am almost positive this is a direct result of some of the losses . its true too that the crisis was everywhere in the usa but during the loose times of the refi boom its printed and a fact black were targeted (predatory lending)
this had a direct result on SOME people moving out of the area or into the burbs
If you think about that it makes sense.
Agreed.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago