Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 01:45 AM

32 posts, read 69,035 times

Advertisements

This is a great thread and I'm glad the OP started it. Somebody named Ms.Betty started a thread about "Racist Chicago" and nobody gave any REAL answers as to how they felt about the topic.

Anyway, I'm glad people are speaking up here because I need to know this stuff, seeing how I'm moving there next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 03:44 AM

32 posts, read 69,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett View Post
I see you'll fit in well with the Jesse Jackson team here in Chicago.
F*** you. And I'll take that as a compliment.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,959,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownguy27 View Post
I live in LV, and I do not mind AA's at all, as I work with a lot of them and they are very nice people. However, when I'm walking down the street alone and come across an individual AA man, or a group, it makes me very nervous. I'm not racist, but when everyday I read the Chicago Tribune and constantly read about stabbings, shootings, muggings, with mugshots of the criminals which are 90% AA, all I can think is that I don't want to be the next victim.
Finally someone that is giving real talk about Lakeview. I know most guys that live in that area are not racist. I dont think that you are racist but concerned for your safety. Nothings wrong with that.

The only word of advice I can give is the street smart advice that I was given when I first moved to Chicago. Don't flash expensive gadgets like smart phones and ipads. Always be aware of your surroundings. If your listening to your ipod or have headphones on, dont have it blasting so loud you cant hear whats going on around you. And the most important, Please dont be on the streets intoxicated or high! (too many of the attacks have involved people that couldnt defend themselves and the criminals know who to pick on) I dont know your lifestyle preference but leave the prostitutes aka trade and the drug dealers alone. They will go away if they don't get any business.

I believe the center on halsted is now offering self defence classes where they teach you how to avoid situations and defend yourself if you need to. Some will suggest mace or pepper spray but that only works if you know how to use it without hurting yourself or others around you.

I can appreciate you exposing your fears of crime. Thanks for your post.

If you use common sence the danger level decreases dramatically.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 08-23-2011 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Add comment

Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 AM

665 posts, read 1,243,262 times
I know LP has it problem and lakeview to a lesser extent.
but Night clubs have lways been cold shoulder towards blk dudes
Nation wide even in LA Blk celeberities and athletes are not let into clubs.

The rapper Lil jon was denied entry into a club where one of his songs was being playing in the background while hulk hogan and johnney depp were let in outta dress codes.

and alot predominate blk clubs have the most strict dress codes ever.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:27 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,959,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
4 of the 5 diverse neighborhoods in the city are on the northside, why does Danika hate diversity so much?
This is going to be my last post on this topic. there are some diverse neighborhoods that are very welcoming to anyone and everyone and yes most are on the northside. What most blacks are saying is the lp/lv area is not the best place for blacks due to the racial issues that some of the businesses and some of the residents have in the area.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This is going to be my last post on this topic. there are some diverse neighborhoods that are very welcoming to anyone and everyone and yes most are on the northside. What most blacks are saying is the lp/lv area is not the best place for blacks due to the racial issues that some of the businesses and some of the residents have in the area.
which of course is only based on their own opinion.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,113 times
I doubt that the owner of FUZE even lives in Lincoln park,and even if he did, it is not a reflection of the entire neighborhood.

For Danika to come here and call an entire section of the city is just as bad as making a blanket statement about all black people, it is pretty ridiculous.

It makes me wonder what danika's real agenda is here...

Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
It makes me wonder what danika's real agenda is here...
If you check out all the threads (s)he's started, there's not much mystery to her agenda -- to stir the pot. And that doesn't count the threads that have been deleted by moderators to know a troll when they see one. And it's not just about race relations either -- she did a couple of hit-and-run threads in the automotive forum too before the mods put an end to that game.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
Really what she did was extrapolate some report from an employee of a douchey club to indict entire communities. That kind of ignorance deserves to be flamed.
We all know that members on here never indict entire communities, especially communities on the South or West side. No, that never happens here.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,190,434 times
I think whats causing a lot of this anti-black element in places like Lincoln Park, GC, and LV is the fact that a high proportion of violent crime in Chicago is committed by black people. Notice that we never hear about clubs, bars, and restuarants denying entry to Asians? The hate will reduce as soon as crime is no longer heavily committed by members of just one race. It a darn shame that when I hear about someone being attack by a mob in the trendy areas, I've already made a prejudgement of what the offenders look like before reading the report and seeing the video or photos.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 08-23-2011 at 11:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago