U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 PM

4,982 posts, read 3,982,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Dementor.
Oh yes, "Moon over White Plains" ( and the basements therof)...

Old 10-21-2011, 07:16 AM

12,062 posts, read 17,833,573 times
^ Buena Park is in uptown. Let's not talk anymore until you have something accurate or worthwile to add to the discussion, mmkay?

Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM

7,433 posts, read 4,831,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
^ Buena Park is in uptown. Let's not talk anymore until you have something accurate or worthwile to add to the discussion, mmkay?
Exactly!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,128,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmtiageCG View Post
Buena Park is better, but far from a top neighborhood. Andersonville is nice if you´re an old lesbian, but doesn´t have broad appeal.

I lol'd.

Not sure what exactly constitutes as 'broad appeal', but it seems like Andersonville (or a lot of Edgewater, for that matter) are getting slightly more popular over time.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 AM

12,062 posts, read 17,833,573 times
Quote:
Sorta, but not really.

Buena Park is a subneighborhood within the larger Uptown ward.

That said, Buena Park isn´t really Uptown. Uptown proper is directly north of Buena Park.

It´s like Wicker Park, or Old Town. Do these places not exist, because they´re technically on the Near North Side or Near West Side? Of course not.
I don't understand what you're saying.

Buena Park is a "subneighborhood" "within" the larger Uptown ward. Do you not know what "subneighborhood" and "within" mean? It means that Buena Park is in Uptown. It is a part of Uptown.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 AM

8,869 posts, read 12,516,158 times
Quote:
Not to mention he said Uptown has seen 3 murders in the past week. It's only seen 2 in the past 15 months. Every murder in Uptown the past 4 years has happened in 20% of the neighborhood. From Montrose to Lawrence and Magnolia to Clarendon. It's averaged about 1 murder every 5 months or so, but they've been pretty clumped. A few right near each other in 2008, a few in 2010 and then two this year. It's a very "unique" area. I live just south of Montrose and have friends who are up in the ground zero area by Wilson and Sheridan/Broadway. It's one of the strange things where there are professionals living all over that area, people with kids, immigrants, gang members, poor, fairly wealthy all mashed together. Everyone just kinda lives in their own little bubble. I think all of the murders have been gang related. I never really hear of any random acts of violence against residents. I'm walking up along Wilson and Broadway all the time and have never had anyone even bat an eye at me.

One thing I do love about the area compared to places I've lived in Logan Square and Lakeview is that there is a LOT of community involvement in Uptown. I was pretty shocked. People treated the Alderman race like it was electing the mayor of a town of 1,000 people. The Alderman has been everywhere, there are 6 block clubs, Uptownupdate, positive loitering events, concerts, trick-or-treats, community cleanups,, lots of CAPS meetings, farmers markets, litter patrol every month, etc. I'm on a few of the groups, and they get a pretty good turnout.

I love Uptown Update:

http://www.uptownupdate.com/

Lots of online resources:

46th Ward Democrats
46th Ward Office - Ald. James Cappleman
Action Uptown
Beacon Block Club
Buena Park Neighbors
Carmen-Winona Block Club
Center Square Journal
Chainlink (Chicago Bicycling Community)
Dover Street Neighbors Association
EdgeVille Buzz
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Gang & Drug House Reporting Form
Gapers Block
Graceland Wilson Neighbors Association
Magnolia Malden Neighbors Block Club
Medill Reports Chicago
Montrose Dog Beach
Puptown
Truman College Construction Updates
Truman Square Neighbors Block Club
Uptown Avenger
Uptown Chicago Commission
Uptown Chicago History Blog
Uptown CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
Uptown Neighborhood Council
Uptown Real Estate & Neighborhood Info
Uptown Update Downloads
Uptown Update Forum
Uptown Update's Flickr Page

Last edited by Chicago60614; 10-21-2011 at 09:40 AM..

Old 10-21-2011, 09:28 AM

5,098 posts, read 7,646,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Not to mention he said Uptown has seen 3 murders in the past week. It's only seen 2 in the past 15 months.
Stop letting facts get in the way of a good argument.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Sorta, but not really.

Buena Park is a subneighborhood within the larger Uptown ward.

That said, Buena Park isn´t really Uptown. Uptown proper is directly north of Buena Park.

It´s like Wicker Park, or Old Town. Do these places not exist, because they´re technically on the Near North Side or Near West Side? Of course not.

Re. the thread topic, Uptown is a long way from gentrified. I wouldn´t live there if you paid me. Crappy area.

Buena Park is better, but far from a top neighborhood. Andersonville is nice if you´re an old lesbian, but doesn´t have broad appeal.
Hi, I like your new name. Changed it from yesterday, why?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I don't understand what you're saying.

Buena Park is a "subneighborhood" "within" the larger Uptown ward. Do you not know what "subneighborhood" and "within" mean? It means that Buena Park is in Uptown. It is a part of Uptown.
You don't understand, because it makes no sense. Morons typically type moronic dribble.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 AM

1,827 posts, read 1,542,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Hi, I like your new name. Changed it from yesterday, why?
Banned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago