U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2011, 01:46 PM
 
7,633 posts, read 5,232,629 times
Reputation: 3143
Is that why Indy has lost 1% of its non-farm payroll year over year and Chicago has had job growth? Unemployment numbers are interesting but can miss a lot, like people not looking for work or underemployment.


Indianapolis-Carmel, IN Economy at a Glance
Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, IL Economy at a Glance

BTW, I enjoy trash talking.

 
Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,900 posts, read 1,824,873 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Is that why Indy has lost 1% of its non-farm payroll year over year and Chicago has had job growth? Unemployment numbers are interesting but can miss a lot, like people not looking for work or underemployment.


Indianapolis-Carmel, IN Economy at a Glance
Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, IL Economy at a Glance
say what? oh thats right Illinois gained .3% more people on unemployment and you can not look into my eyes and tell me that did not happen. also since the tax increase stunt in january (yes it was a stunt cause Patty Quinn knew the results of this increase would do he is just to stupid and arrogant to accept it). Oh and that info even says (at a glance) its not full reliable info. But i rather just sit back pop some popcorn and let time tell me i am right.
Well just wait and see vlagos 15 companies moving to Indiana isnt enough to send a message to both Chicago and Springfield. But maybe if a fortune 500 company moved its HQ maybe Pat Quinn will wake up. (Naaa probably not he is still having a gambling bill sitting on his desk amongst others). As i said vlagos talking about it is cheap ill just let time tell Peace not going to start up a pissing contest.
 
Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM
 
7,633 posts, read 5,232,629 times
Reputation: 3143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
say what? oh thats right Illinois gained .3% more people on unemployment and you can not look into my eyes and tell me that did not happen. also since the tax increase stunt in january (yes it was a stunt cause Patty Quinn knew the results of this increase would do he is just to stupid and arrogant to accept it). Oh and that info even says (at a glance) its not full reliable info. But i rather just sit back pop some popcorn and let time tell me i am right.
Well just wait and see vlagos 15 companies moving to Indiana isnt enough to send a message to both Chicago and Springfield. But maybe if a fortune 500 company moved its HQ maybe Pat Quinn will wake up. (Naaa probably not he is still having a gambling bill sitting on his desk amongst others). As i said vlagos talking about it is cheap ill just let time tell Peace not going to start up a pissing contest.
Thanks for the blabber! You post info from BLS and claim it's good. I post info from the BLS and you claim it's bad. Enjoy the races man! You can have em....
 
Old 08-31-2011, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Chicago (from pittsburgh)
2,500 posts, read 2,003,671 times
Reputation: 1669
I have relatives that live in Noblesville, IN (in fact visiting them this weekend).. they also say horrible things about Carmel, although from what I've gathered going to Noblesville over the years its kind of like Carmel's little sister
 
Old 08-31-2011, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Volker, Kansas City, MO
12,062 posts, read 18,425,614 times
Reputation: 3618
My roomie from college was from Carmel and she's bat-sh*t crazy. That is my contribution to this thread.
 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Chicago
35,926 posts, read 55,214,824 times
Reputation: 24543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
wow..... the trash talking is getting old and boring. Just for a comparison the city of Carmels per capita income being 85,000. Just cause Carmel is a rich suburb doesnt mean you need to trash talk it. Naperville for a comparison. Poverty rate is the same for both suburbs. the Per Capita income in Naperville is 48,000. Carmels is 85,000.
So the trash talking can stop for good cause honestly i am tired of it so are most people in Chicago i bet/everyone in Indy an carmel.
Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas this is the latest unemployment numbers for metro areas and to save people wanting to read it some time Indy's metro area unemployment is 8% chicago's is 10.2%. If you want to point out Chicago is 4X bigger than Indy actually that is a bad thing for Chicago just using simple math. The unemployment numbers are given by a percentage and if Chicago has 2.2% higher unemployment percentage yet the metro is 4X bigger than Indy has an extra 2200 people working per 100,000 people. So please ill ask nicely stop trash talking Indy and its suburbs in public to try and make Chicago look like the 800 pound gurrilla (which it already is so idk what your trying to win).


So please vlagos just stop with the trash talking. I am not trash talking chicago on the Indy forums so theres no reason for you to do it either
Your post is barely coherent and the vast majority of it relates to nothing erstwhile discussed in this thread. So in the same spirit, here's a picture of a breadcrab.



 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Chicago
35,926 posts, read 55,214,824 times
Reputation: 24543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
I have relatives that live in Noblesville, IN (in fact visiting them this weekend).. they also say horrible things about Carmel, although from what I've gathered going to Noblesville over the years its kind of like Carmel's little sister
Noblesville, like a small-scale Naperville, at least has some charm and old-school charisma in its downtown core. Carmel is a virtual sea of McMansions and other aesthetic vapidness.
 
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Chicago (from pittsburgh)
2,500 posts, read 2,003,671 times
Reputation: 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Noblesville, like a small-scale Naperville, at least has some charm and old-school charisma in its downtown core. Carmel is a virtual sea of McMansions and other aesthetic vapidness.
ahh..yes Noblesville did have a quaint downtown
 
Old 09-01-2011, 08:48 AM
 
90 posts, read 127,248 times
Reputation: 45
Id say the city is at least 50% ghetto (below the poverty line) if not a little more.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 09:48 AM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,559 posts, read 4,369,159 times
Reputation: 1510
If you're talking hard, poverty stricken, drug/gang infested, disadvantaged neighborhoods I'd say like 30 percent of the city is like that.

mas23
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top