U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-07-2011, 09:02 PM
 
943 posts, read 837,500 times
Reputation: 501

Advertisements

I know this is just harmless forum, but Chicago seems a little too "big time" to get excited about Rosie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2011, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Not where you ever lived
11,153 posts, read 17,065,966 times
Reputation: 5635
Replacing billionaire wealth and a popular show that fed many families will not be easy for one. I hope it is as much fun as Rosie and Tom..

Last edited by linicx; 10-08-2011 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Chicago (from pittsburgh)
2,710 posts, read 2,517,696 times
Reputation: 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Replacing billionaire wealth and a popular show that fed many families will not be easy for one. I hope it is as much fun as Rosie and Tom.
yeah i wish her luck filling those shoes

Last edited by linicx; 10-08-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Mequon, WI
6,962 posts, read 13,558,420 times
Reputation: 3134
-189 pts for Lakeview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Not where you ever lived
11,153 posts, read 17,065,966 times
Reputation: 5635
If you don't like the Midwest maybe you should live someplace more provincial say like Des Moines. They have great farm equipment at the state fair. I remember when the farm companies were bragging about their new milking machines that year and demonstrating. The soft foam lining. I recall thinking the cows would be udder-ly delighted with their "new" squeeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Could never stand this about Chicago, city is way too midwestern.

This would be equally big news in Moline, lol. Of course the entire LGBT debate has to come up. In LA or NY, no one would blink.

Last edited by linicx; 10-08-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Wicker Park/East Village area
2,061 posts, read 2,045,007 times
Reputation: 1425
I like Rosie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Mequon, WI
6,962 posts, read 13,558,420 times
Reputation: 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
I like Rosie.
you would
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 09:23 PM
 
1,868 posts, read 2,183,675 times
Reputation: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
If you don't like the Midwest maybe you should live someplace more provincial say like Des Moines. They have great farm equipment at the state fair. I remember when the farm companies were bragging about their new milking machines that year and demonstrating. The soft foam lining. I recall thinking the cows would be udder-ly delighted with that squeeze.
It's warmer in Des Moines. Obviously Chicago is so much bigger and it's not a fair comparison (although some in Des Moines probably think it is).

The midwest is all so boring to begin with, Chicago offers much more but it's not really that much "cooler" when compared to any big city on the coast. Besides the weather of course. The costs in Chicago, while still cheaper than even SF or Seattle, aren't worth it in my opinion to be somewhere cold 8 months per year with that many small town midwesterners living there.

You guys do got the Chicago Bearers though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 PM
 
278 posts, read 169,712 times
Reputation: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
It's warmer in Des Moines. Obviously Chicago is so much bigger and it's not a fair comparison (although some in Des Moines probably think it is).

The midwest is all so boring to begin with, Chicago offers much more but it's not really that much "cooler" when compared to any big city on the coast. Besides the weather of course. The costs in Chicago, while still cheaper than even SF or Seattle, aren't worth it in my opinion to be somewhere cold 8 months per year with that many small town midwesterners living there.

You guys do got the Chicago Bearers though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Wicker Park/East Village area
2,061 posts, read 2,045,007 times
Reputation: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
you would
you don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top