Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:50 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,480,572 times

Advertisements

^You should have probably posted in the suburbs forum for a suburb-related question -- that likely would have saved you from some snark.

The idea of choosing a Schaumburg over a Lincoln Park, to most people on the forum (myself included), simply doesn't compute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,562,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
^You should have probably posted in the suburbs forum for a suburb-related question -- that likely would have saved you from some snark.

The idea of choosing a Schaumburg over a Lincoln Park, to most people on the forum (myself included), simply doesn't compute.
This is very true.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyhoo View Post
Well i dont really care abt some tools on this forum huffing & puffing over my affinity for schaumburg but i still got some solid replies from some posters. So all in all thread was worth it.
It would have been more worth it if you had posted your query in the appropriate forum. It's not rocket science.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:13 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,049,066 times
Quote:
LOL why are you so butthurt over some random dude posting a thread in a wrong forum (in your opinion that is) on some random msgboard.

Get a life.
If anything I think he was just trying to help you get better responses.

You're the one getting defensive and butthurt about some guy on a random message board.

Anyway I would post it in the suburbs forum as well, they often know the burbs better than those of us that troll around in the city.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM

818 posts, read 2,161,206 times
What about Naperville? It is kind of similar in that it is lively but very suburban feeling. It is not closer to the city, but access to the city is easier with the express trains on the BNSF.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:48 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,530,996 times
Quote:
similar to Schuamburg?

So I really like the look/feel of schaumburg but hate how far it is from downtown. So what would be the CLOSEST suburb to downtown that has the schaumburg look/feel?
Schaumburg has to be one of my least favorite areas of Chicagoland. I feel sorry for you if you like that place.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:36 PM

14 posts, read 64,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Schaumburg has to be one of my least favorite areas of Chicagoland. I feel sorry for you if you like that place.
Oh no - i better scrap my moving plans and stay put because some random dbag on a msgboard doesn't like schmburg

Old 10-11-2011, 03:58 PM

^ "Not a Member" Awesome sauce.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:10 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,530,996 times
Quote:
Oh no - i better scrap my moving plans and stay put because some random dbag on a msgboard doesn't like schmburg
Dude, I don't care whether you live or die. If you want to move to Schaumburg be my guest.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:19 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,956,823 times
Quote:
Jeez the amount of my grief I'm getting for liking schaumburg! never knew it was such an unpopular choice.

I just wanted to enjoy a little bit of suburban life (space etc) while still being able to be a part of downtown life. That's the balance im looking for.
It's definitely not to my taste, but I wasn't slamming you that much, I am genuinely curious what you situation is now. I think a lot people in the Chicago forum are going to tell you that Schaumburg is plastic or boring or nobody without kids or under 40 should live there. I don't like that it doesn't have a real downtown. I'd rather live in Elgin as I do now, or Lincoln Square, as I used to, or in a town with a cute downtown like Wheaton or Geneva, but apparently a lot of people like Schaumburg, or the population wouldn't be so big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago