Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:32 AM

553 posts, read 1,026,413 times

Advertisements

\\ 5 Killed, More Than 30 Wounded In Violent Chicago Weekend « CBS Chicago

It is getting to be more and more scary. I actually saw one of the shootings. In broad day light with a lot of people having a neighbor's gathering out in the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 01:42 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
More surprisingly, given the economic desperation and hopelessness of people today, I'm stunned there's not more violence everywhere in this country!

Ever think of that???????

Old 10-13-2011, 03:08 AM

39 posts, read 107,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
\\ 5 Killed, More Than 30 Wounded In Violent Chicago Weekend « CBS Chicago

It is getting to be more and more scary. I actually saw one of the shootings. In broad day light with a lot of people having a neighbor's gathering out in the street.

About 300 more were killed on American roads over the same period of time. Yes, life is scary indeed but I refuse to be paralyzed by fear. If I die tomorrow then so be it, but I won't miss out on things that life has to offer because "it's getting to be more and more scary."

Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,741,459 times
It seems most of the crimes occurred at night.

I watch a Netflix Gangland video about Chicago gang crime in Humbolt Park. They killed each other over drug selling turf and for revenge killings or just for the fun and prestige of murder. Truthfully, why bother preventing them from killing each other? They themselves are getting rid of no good people. Instead Police arrested them and put lotsa gang members in prison on our tax dollars.

Gangs... useless worthless people better off killing each other. The problem is stray bullets and shooting of innocent people. I guess that's why they lock them up.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 AM

924 posts, read 2,102,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Truthfully, why bother preventing them from killing each other? They themselves are getting rid of no good people. Instead Police arrested them and put lotsa gang members in prison on our tax dollars.

Gangs... useless worthless people better off killing each other. The problem is stray bullets and shooting of innocent people. I guess that's why they lock them up.
In your world, Jesse, who would get to determine which people are "no good" or "useless worthless people," and therefore should be allowed to be murdered on the streets without consequences?

Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,741,459 times
If you still have Netflix streaming watch this video of Humbolt Park gangs:
Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

Or watch any episode of this about gangs: Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

I'm talking strictly of hard core gangsters that are no good; their ethics are drugs for money, and to kill for prestige and higher leadership in their gang. Just watch these Netflix videos and you will know they are no good.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 AM

624 posts, read 1,071,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompope View Post
In your world, Jesse, who would get to determine which people are "no good" or "useless worthless people," and therefore should be allowed to be murdered on the streets without consequences?
So Latin Kings shooting Satan's Disciples is just as tragic as either of the two shooting an innocent bystander?

Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I'm talking strictly of hard core gangsters that are no good; their ethics are drugs for money, and to kill for prestige and higher leadership in their gang. Just watch these Netflix videos and you will know they are no good.
Right, personally, I generally agree that there are some people out there who are so deeply troubled and so dangerous to society that their communities really might be better off if they were murdered. The problem is, from a practical standpoint, who gets to make that determination? You? Me? The police? And what would the basis be for judging whether or not a particular person is worthy of continuing to live? It's easy to sit home while you're watching some gang show from Netflix and see which guys are the "bad guys," and hope that somebody shoots them in the head. But in real life, it's usually a lot more complicated than that. And when you're dealing with the lives and deaths of real human beings, it seems like an awfully slippery slope to be judging which of them deserve to be murdered.

Last edited by tompope; 10-13-2011 at 07:18 AM..

Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompope View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
So Latin Kings shooting Satan's Disciples is just as tragic as either of the two shooting an innocent bystander?
I don't see how you got that from what I wrote in my previous post.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 AM

4,619 posts, read 8,166,512 times
Quote:
If you still have Netflix streaming watch this video of Humbolt Park gangs:
Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

Or watch any episode of this about gangs: Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

Violence begets violence and has ancillary impacts. That's why even a shooting that kills outright evil people should be, if possible, stopped and, if not possible to stop, prosecuted like any other crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago