Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 PM
YBF YBF started this thread

1,260 posts, read 3,347,874 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I will be in Chicago for 2 weeks on business but need some sights to see and places to dine and have fun during the evenings and weekends. I will be at the Hyatt in Schaumburg but will have access to a car and not afraid to take public transportation.

Please give me some sights and a few restaurants/places to eat that are a must before I leave, as well as maybe a club or lounge.

T.I.A!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,136,982 times
Alinea Restaurant

https://www.nextrestaurant.com/user/login

Schwa

lula

Old 10-29-2011, 11:42 AM

4,620 posts, read 8,115,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Hey guys I will be in Chicago for 2 weeks on business but need some sights to see and places to dine and have fun during the evenings and weekends. I will be at the Hyatt in Schaumburg but will have access to a car and not afraid to take public transportation.

Please give me some sights and a few restaurants/places to eat that are a must before I leave, as well as maybe a club or lounge.

T.I.A!!
You're asking the kinds of questions that are really annoying on a forum like this, because they're the questions answered by any guidebook or guide website in the world.

A forum like this should be used to refine your list, not start a list.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:14 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,048,844 times
While all those places are great, I don't think they really make sense for a person traveling for business. Those are some of the most high end and exclusive restaurants in the country, let alone Chicago.

To the OP, that being said, it's a very broad question to ask and answer. Drive into the city and get the lay of the land. The area just north of the Loop (central biz district) is sort of the tourist area. Michigan Ave, museums etc etc. Generally people want to try Chicago pizza, so check out Lou Malnatis or Giordano's.

There are so many restaurants and clubs/lounges. I would go on Yelp and do some browsing and see what places are rated well that might strike your fancy.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,950,339 times
Schaumburg, unfortunately, has very poor access to public transit. The Hyatt is not the worst place to drive back to from downtown, but it is probably an about 40+ minutes of car time even off peak, so that makes late night options pretty limited.

Depending on what your work entails, how old you are, and what sorts of things you do for fun you might want to think about maybe staying in a hipper area at least for a night or two...

Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
You're asking the kinds of questions that are really annoying on a forum like this, because they're the questions answered by any guidebook or guide website in the world.

A forum like this should be used to refine your list, not start a list.
Well thanks for your post but if you are not going to help me then save your keystrokes. It is easier to ask people who live there and perhaps go out and have some places they would like to recommend. A guidebook or website is like the yellow pages. If you asked me abouy Atlanta or NYC I could give you plenty of places that WONT be in any guidebook

Old 11-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Default Party anyone?

Any info on clubs or lounges? I like HipHop, R&B, Reggae, Reggaeton, POP a mix of everything.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:03 AM

54 posts, read 142,787 times
Quote:
Any info on clubs or lounges? I like HipHop, R&B, Reggae, Reggaeton, POP a mix of everything.
If you want to dance go to Smart Bar in Wrigleyville. If you want to pretend you are important go to any lounge in the city.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:20 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,906,131 times
Quote:
Well thanks for your post but if you are not going to help me then save your keystrokes. It is easier to ask people who live there and perhaps go out and have some places they would like to recommend. A guidebook or website is like the yellow pages. If you asked me abouy Atlanta or NYC I could give you plenty of places that WONT be in any guidebook
Just a sampling of the midwest ''friendliness''...

Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,956,280 times
The OPs initial post didn't give enough information about what s/he is looking for for any of us to give any useful responses. Now there is a little more about the music this person likes. Sorry, I have no idea of places to go. Check out LTH forum for restaurants LTHForum.com • Index page, but make sure you read first and ask specific questions, not "where should I eat?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago