Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
He did?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
No.
Oh. Even so, there are real cases where public officials took money to make up for stuff lost for Nigerian scams...

AG - Former Alcona County Treasurer Sentenced to 9-14 Years in Nigerian Scam Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Nigeria has internet? wow thats a first!
It was first perpetrated via fax and snail mail. It moved to e-mail in the 1990s. So, yes, they've had email

Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 PM

265 posts, read 615,464 times
Chicago has a lot to offer....if she only love herself.

Chicago is still chopped up into "ethnic pieces" to it's own hurt, therefore they cannot possibly flourish because they won't MERGE cultures so they can frame a structure upon one another’s skills, talents, and abilities. Ever drive through Chicago? I have. You can actually watch the races changing before your eyes as you move from one area into another. You pass the black areas, and then if you continue in the right direction you'll roll right through what they call china town, then out that area into whites and so on.

In fact you cannot go down town, and just strike up a conversation with someone NOT of your race. I've also witnessed this, and for heaven's sake don't be African American attempting to do either. In fact your chances of finding a mixed couple won't be randomly found like in some other cities. Better than that a child with a blond afro, or a black child with green eyes is from my experiences not yet found in Chicago.

If you don't allow people to merge, build relationships, benefit from the skills of others, share knowledge, and have access to the same kinds of helpful services others enjoy, then you get a place full of fear and poverty. Those that "HAVE" rightly fear those who don't because even the "HAVES" know EVERYONE is not privilege to "their kind" of access. This can only lead to crime and a lot of it.

Do you have a brand new ANYTHING? That’s fine; just don't get caught in the wrong area among the wrong kind of community sporting your goods. You will be targeted. Period. This goes for the colors you wear in some areas also, because the gangs are on the lookout for those who enter their stomping grounds uninvited, and unknown by them.

Chicago has done this to itself. She is self-destructive. Can you find some nice spots to eat? Yes. Can you find great stuff to shop for there? Certainly. The point here is that Chicago is more of the dark-stuff; sort of speak, than the other way around. Here stands a truth that will not sleep. “Where do you look when something isn't working RIGHT? That’s right. You look for the captain of that ship, and his crew in charge.”

I would love to see Chicago change. In fact it would be a shock, I really think I'd gladly welcome.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 11-02-2011, 01:00 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-sea View Post
In fact you cannot go down town, and just strike up a conversation with someone NOT of your race. [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

That is absolutely, 100% untrue.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:16 PM

72 posts, read 110,826 times
Quote:
Do you have a brand new ANYTHING? That’s fine; just don't get caught in the wrong area among the wrong kind of community sporting your goods. You will be targeted. Period. This goes for the colors you wear in some areas also, because the gangs are on the lookout for those who enter their stomping grounds uninvited, and unknown by them.

Chicago has done this to itself. She is self-destructive. Can you find some nice spots to eat? Yes. Can you find great stuff to shop for there? Certainly. The point here is that Chicago is more of the dark-stuff; sort of speak, than the other way around. Here stands a truth that will not sleep. “Where do you look when something isn't working RIGHT? That’s right. You look for the captain of that ship, and his crew in charge.”

I would love to see Chicago change. In fact it would be a shock, I really think I'd gladly welcome.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

LMAO! Eh i knew this person messed up when they led into this one

Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
That is absolutely, 100% untrue.
Agreed, that was one of the more stupid comments today.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:21 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,210,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Agreed, that was one of the more stupid comments today.
I'd say in the last month, if not longer.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:28 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,263 times
Quote:
Chicago has a lot to offer....if she only love herself.

Chicago is still chopped up into "ethnic pieces" to it's own hurt, therefore they cannot possibly flourish because they won't MERGE cultures so they can frame a structure upon one another’s skills, talents, and abilities. Ever drive through Chicago? I have. You can actually watch the races changing before your eyes as you move from one area into another. You pass the black areas, and then if you continue in the right direction you'll roll right through what they call china town, then out that area into whites and so on.

In fact you cannot go down town, and just strike up a conversation with someone NOT of your race. I've also witnessed this, and for heaven's sake don't be African American attempting to do either. In fact your chances of finding a mixed couple won't be randomly found like in some other cities. Better than that a child with a blond afro, or a black child with green eyes is from my experiences not yet found in Chicago.

If you don't allow people to merge, build relationships, benefit from the skills of others, share knowledge, and have access to the same kinds of helpful services others enjoy, then you get a place full of fear and poverty. Those that "HAVE" rightly fear those who don't because even the "HAVES" know EVERYONE is not privilege to "their kind" of access. This can only lead to crime and a lot of it.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Alot of posts like these are really exaggerated.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:39 PM

47 posts, read 76,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Could anyone answer this question seriously? First off, not all of Chicago is poor. Where I'm at in the Gold Coast, our per capita income in this neighborhood is $136,000 per year. There is a pocket of upper middle class and solidly middle class people that stretches for miles. It is a segregated city. There are also areas on the South Side, etc. where people are basically discarded and left to carve out a living on the little economic resources available. Unfortunately it is a racially biased city, no matter how many people want to refute it. I see it with my own eyes every day. A very racially and class biased city, no matter how you slice it. Whether you win or lose has a lot to do with which side of the line you're on. This is one of the things I miss about NYC. There, we had mature conversations and got straight to the point. I almost feel like I'm back in high school given the responses of some on this post.
Did you read this?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/ny...egation&st=cse

I agree with you 100% but lets not pretend that it's the only place with these problems.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,520,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
I'd say in the last month, if not longer.
Much, much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago