Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,567,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Yeah the strip club scene in Atlanta is Huge. They have this thing called "Magic city Monday" lol. People from up an down the east coast (NYC to Miami) flock to "The A" the check it out.

mas23
Magic City used to have some really nice strippers back in the day. Atlanta has it all over Chicago when it comes to strip clubs. The women are better looking down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 AM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
A recent study said that the average cost for a house in Chicago is $250k vs. $215k in Atlanta. But what the study also found is that the $250k in Chicago gets a 4/2, while the $215k in Atlanta was for a 2/1. I don't think this study included the subyrbs.
Right, depending on the neighborhood and proximity to downtown. In the city, prices seem to be more like average of $300,000, but i dont have exact specs to prove it, just roaming the real estate pages. its' not as bad as Manhattan, where rent can be $2,000 per month for RENT! and a decent price condo/coop for like several thousand unless you live in a 250 square feet shoebox.

Oh also i got the idea about prices around the USA from watching House Hunters on HGTV.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Right, depending on the neighborhood and proximity to downtown. In the city, prices seem to be more like average of $300,000, but i dont have exact specs to prove it, just roaming the real estate pages. its' not as bad as Manhattan, where rent can be $2,000 per month for RENT! and a decent price condo/coop for like several thousand unless you live in a 250 square feet shoebox.

I highly doubt that the average price of a home in Chicago is $300k.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,215,929 times
Quote:

Oh also i got the idea about prices around the USA from watching House Hunters on HGTV.
In some parts of Atlanta homes start in the $200k range in areas that are nice and the schools are just ok. In the areas with the best schools houses start at $750k. If you see a house online that is a SFH listed for under $200k it is either in the suburbs or a bad neighborhood in Atlanta proper.

NYC is 63% more expensive than Atlanta. Chicago is 16% more expensive than Atlanta.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,959,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Magic City used to have some really nice strippers back in the day. Atlanta has it all over Chicago when it comes to strip clubs. The women are better looking down there.
Yes Atlanta women are better kept. There are a few areas that are dressed in Chicago but hey don't compare to Atlanta and Charlotte.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Yes Atlanta women are better kept. There are a few areas that are dressed in Chicago but hey don't compare to Atlanta and Charlotte.

Yeah, the ones in Charlotte are very nice too.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:13 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,215,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Interesting. Though there are pretty women here, I find the women dress very tacky with brightly colored nails and bad weave, and these are professional women. Black women who are fashionable and pretty in Chi blow Atl women away IMO.

I have been asked many times where I am from because I don't look like the women here. I have also had people tell me I am from Chicago by looking at me because according to them, I am well dressed, well spoken and prettier than the women here. This has been men in all cases.

But since I am not a dude I can't judge lol.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Interesting. Though there are pretty women here, I find the women dress very tacky with brightly colored nails and bad weave, and these are professional women. Black women who are fashionable and pretty in Chi blow Atl women away IMO.

I have been asked many times where I am from because I don't look like the women here. I have also had people tell me I am from Chicago by looking at me because according to them, I am well dressed, well spoken and prettier than the women here. This has been men in all cases.

But since I am not a dude I can't judge lol.
I'm sorry but there's no way that the black women in Chicago look better than the ones in Atlanta. Chicago is pretty disappointing in that respect.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I highly doubt that the average price of a home in Chicago is $300k.
some areas yeah on the north side. depends on what kind of home. I'd have to do a scan when i have time to see, but still $250 grand is close enough to $300 grand, if you dont have the money to pay for either!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
some areas yeah on the north side. depends on what kind of home. I'd have to do a scan when i have time to see, but still $250 grand is close enough to $300 grand, if you dont have the money to pay for either!

We are talking about Chicago as a whole, not the north side. The median price is around $200k. It's pretty much my job to know these things. You know, I get kind of annoyed by your posts. I remember you trying to tel me about New York City when you've never set foot there. Now, you are talking out of your a** again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago