Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM

136 posts, read 997,480 times

Advertisements

So I know this may be a weird question for this community, but...
I wondered where the BEST place is (in the city or the 'burbs - just for Steve O), to get a tattoo done. I would like to add a new piece of body art to go with our move th this fantastic new city! The amount of places is daunting and overwhelming. I want ONLY quality work to be on my body permanently. So...now is the time to "weigh in" with your opinion. Hopefully it is a place that either you personally, or someone close to you has had work done.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers,
-TM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,201,781 times
i don't know a really good one yet (i need to find one myself) but I have heard lots of times to avoid Jade Dragon at all costs.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,763,232 times
Tattoo Factory in Uptown gets a lot of good reviews for their artwork. Most complaints seem to revolve around price.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 PM

Cool Thanks for the input and suggestions

I thought this thread MIGHT generate a little more discussion... or at least I was hoping so...

I will continue to ask people "in real life" and hope for some more responses from my "virtual community"!!!

Cheers,
-TM

Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 PM

4 posts, read 21,577 times
Post Ink

I recommend Tainted Skin Tatoo in Crown Point, IN. Its only about 45 minutes South East of Chicago. They are excellent artists, and reasonably priced. I have had Four different artists do 8 seperate pieces. They are Clean, Proffesional, and are willing to work with clients on design features, Placement, and shading and coloring. I wish i had a buisiness card handy to refer you. They have a webite, and are well respected and renowned for their work in the tatoo cmmunity. Give them a call or stop in. Just take 80/94 East to I 65 South. Get off at the Valporaiso, Merrillvile Rte. 30 exit and head west, to Main St. Turn South or left. Take this till you see a shopping center on the left(Strack's and Van Til's or Jewel, i cant remember which). Only about 3 miles, if you hit the square, you went to far.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,138,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
i don't know a really good one yet (i need to find one myself) but I have heard lots of times to avoid Jade Dragon at all costs.
Hmm, interesting. I have a guy at work who goes there exclusively. His tats are phenomonal, he swears by the place. Guess it all depends on which artist you get.

Another place Id recommend is out in downtown Elgin, Top Notch Tattoos. Cleen used to run the joint but has since moved out of state (Vegas, started up Voodoo Tattoo). Ive known a few people who got tats there and they look awesome as well.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:23 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,125,298 times
The best place for a tattoo? Probably your bicep. Anywhere you can have it and maintain a business or formal tone when necessary. Remember also, the shape of the decoration will change along with your general muscle tone. A tomato can turn into a jalapeno! That is, according to my experience.

No hands, faces or necks. That will keep you out of the military. No names other than parents or kids. 'Sleeves' are for bike messengers; you won't always be in your twenties, hopefully. Consider this permanent decoration -- what will be in your life forever?

Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 AM

Talking Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The best place for a tattoo? Probably your bicep. Anywhere you can have it and maintain a business or formal tone when necessary. Remember also, the shape of the decoration will change along with your general muscle tone. A tomato can turn into a jalapeno! That is, according to my experience.
You know...I phrased my question particularly hoping someone (or more than one might interpret it as a question of body placement rather than shop destination. I thought phrasing it that way may generate more interest in (and views of) the thread that way. however, I never expected someone to answer it that interpretation of the question! It brought a smile to my face!!!! Thanks!!

Quote:
No hands, faces or necks. That will keep you out of the military. No names other than parents or kids. 'Sleeves' are for bike messengers; you won't always be in your twenties, hopefully. Consider this permanent decoration -- what will be in your life forever?
Well, that is why I thought about the first one for 10 years (put a word in Greek on my back) and have thought about this last one for 4! Thanks for the thoughts and fun!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:05 PM

202 posts, read 268,468 times
Sorry, I got my best one in Austin, Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago