Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,308 times

Advertisements

ANY leads greatly appreciated!!

Focusing on furniture and textiles and would like a studio space to keep things stored and do work. Want to also be upfront about what that might entail and get a sense for what is appropriate with the other tenants and space you have.

While not the majority of the time, there would be occasions where loud tools (saws and things) are being used. Certain paints and finishes would likely have to be done outside because of ventilation concerns as well.

200 sq.ft/$200/Price/square feet is negotiable. If you think it would be a good fit, contact so we can discuss pricing and possibly get a tour of the space if you think you could accommodate. Prefer West Loop, Pilsen, Ukranian Village area but will consider others.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 10:15 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,914,994 times
If you are serious about paying $40,000/mo I think there are places at about the 92nd floor of the Hancock building that would work....

Old 12-13-2011, 08:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,308 times
Thanks. Should read 200 sq ft. for ~$200 total, not per square foot.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:04 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,914,994 times
Yeah, I kinda thought that might be a little closer to what you had in mind

If you have not checked out the classes offered by wwwWoodSymthsChicago.com or Chicago School of Woodworking, Browse our site to learn more about the Chicago School of Woodworking and the educational opportunities we offer students interested in the art of furniture making and woodworking I would suggest those are places to meet people with good connections to the broader hobbyist / artisan network of folks in the custom furniture spheres in the area. There are some folks that actually have there own apprentice programs that might be worth exploring, like Jeff Miller in Rogers Park: apprentice

Old 12-15-2011, 07:40 AM

6 posts, read 25,658 times
I'm not sure what area in the city you are looking at, but you may want to consider renting out a garage. Like for example my building is a three flat and we have a three car garage for rent for $100/mo. Something like that would probably be plenty of room for you, it's just not heated. Other than that I am just thinking of some one those industrial work/artist spaces you see for rent. I know there is one along the river a little south of downtown, but I don't think you can get that kind of price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago