Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 AM

708 posts, read 1,205,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
File this one away under, "Duh!"
No, you take my post out of context. Do American men find women with neck rings and elongated necks attractive???

You know the answer to that question.

You also know what drives you towards women that you call attractive, it just ain't "loins" that's a gross over simplification. It has to do with TV, radio, magazines and all other things that stimulate our sensories.

140 posts, read 120,897 times
Quote:
I had a girl once tell me that black men's sexual preferences were culturally conditioned to prefer both thinner and light-skinned women. She insisted that if Oprah Winfrey were upheld as a universal symbol of beauty, then men all over the world would fall at her feet in worship. That argument is so laughable. White supremacy/Euro-centrism/Western-Anglo culture has no effect whatsoever on my loins. We have no control over what we're attracted to. The Klan didn't brainwash me so that I would find Diane Kruger attractive. Nearly all guys have the same reaction when they see a woman that hot....in Joey Lawrence's words, "Whoa!"

Diane Kruger - Letterman - YouTube
You are foolish to believe that people are not conditioned everyday by the media. If you lived in Africa and all of the programs and advertisements ONLY featured women with dark skin, your loins would be conditioned to like that, even if there were other types of women in your community.

Hotness is determined by each culture. The media can condition you to alter your ideas and perceptions. There are many subliminal messages in every form of entertainment. After a while, you begin to blindly accept certain things as reality or the truth.

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
isn't this just based on western culture?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
I had a girl once tell me that black men's sexual preferences were culturally conditioned to prefer both thinner and light-skinned women. She insisted that if Oprah Winfrey were upheld as a universal symbol of beauty, then men all over the world would fall at her feet in worship. That argument is so laughable. White supremacy/Euro-centrism/Western-Anglo culture has no effect whatsoever on my loins. We have no control over what we're attracted to. The Klan didn't brainwash me so that I would find Diane Kruger attractive. Nearly all guys have the same reaction when they see a woman that hot....in Joey Lawrence's words, "Whoa!"

Diane Kruger - Letterman - YouTube
she's white with blonde hair--stereotypical features that many have been conditioned to find attractive. For some reason, I have a hard time believing a Black guy would genuinely dig a chick like that, it just seems like he would like a woman is darker and more ethnic looking. She seems really bland to me

Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't think you're being truthful at all.

If its just about a woman being hot, then why don't many successful black men equally date & marry darkskin Black models? There are MANY of them in the industry yet they still overlook them for mixed, latina and white women.

I'd also like to add that alot of black men have already told us the reasons why they date outside their race anyway behind closed doors--because they think non-Black women have better hair than Black women, and they think their features and skin are more attractive. They also prefer mixed race children and think they will have a better and easier life. I've had black guys tell me that White women's hair look better than a black woman's natural kinky hair to my face. I've heard some pretty harsh stuff coming from black guys growing up in the black community so I know many of the real reasons why they are dating out.
I'm just not going to buy most do it just because "she's hot". Its foolish to believe that
It's because they don't see dark skin as hot. They would take Kim Kardashian over Naomi Campbell in her prime, but a lot of white guys would prefer Naomi over Kim if it was just based on looks alone.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 AM

32,100 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
I don't think you're being truthful at all.

If its just about a woman being hot, then why don't many successful black men equally date & marry darkskin Black models? There are MANY of them in the industry yet they still overlook them for mixed, latina and white women.
Most fashion models are not very attractive. They often get the most anorexic and "exotic" looking women they can find. Those women are so out of the norm that it's not even fair to use them as comparators. Again, there are a lot of black men who marry dark-skinned, attractive, non-model black women.

Quote:
I'd also like to add that alot of black men have already told us the reasons why they date outside their race anyway behind closed doors--because they think non-Black women have better hair than Black women, and they think their features and skin are more attractive. They also prefer mixed race children and think they will have a better and easier life. I've had black guys tell me that White women's hair look better than a black woman's natural kinky hair to my face. I've heard some pretty harsh stuff coming from black guys growing up in the black community so I know many of the real reasons why they are dating out.
So do you think that the scores of black men currently married to dark-skinned women would ditch those women as soon as a Hillary Clinton lookalike walked their way?

Quote:
I'm just not going to buy most do it just because "she's hot". Its foolish to believe that
You're not going to buy it because you refuse to accept reality. Men are attracted to beauty--plain and simple--and for the most part, an attractive black woman's face has more in common with an attractive white woman's face than it does with an ugly black woman's face. A small jaw, dainty nose, large eyes, and a 0.7 waist-to-hip ratio are all universally attractive to men. There's no getting around that. Your whining is about as futile as men complaining about girls going for the tall guys, the popular guys, the high status guys, etc. Instead of blaming the white power stucture for your dating hardships, why don't you pursue a Ph.D in genetics and learn to reprogram human nature.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Many of them are picking a Hillary Clinton over a Lauren London and a Megan Goode though. How often have we seen the black guy with the very overweight and out of shape White woman? He could have at least gotten an average looking Black women in decent shape.

Growing up in the black community, I've heard many black guys put-down black girls in favor of mixed/white girls that they see in the media or in thier environment. So, I'll never believe that black men are dating latina, and white women for the reasons you state because I've heard quite the contrary all my life from black men themselves.

Last year I was in a neighborhood store, and a black male was standing in line with his very lightskin African American girlfriend; he saw me get in line next to him and he loudly said, "can't no FULL black woman grow hair this long and have green eyes like my woman. See, she has green eyes, I don't know no darkskin Black woman with eyes this color". Very insulting and he said that only because he saw me. I immediately bought my things and rushed out the store. and it traumatized me for a very long time. Sometimes, when black men date lighter or white women, they like to inflict pain onto darker skin women who don't have those features.
I'm willing to bet that the guy who said those comments had dark skin, a big nose and big lips. He probably looked like Shaq.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
isn't this just based on western culture?
No. Presumably an infant has not been sufficiently "acculturated" to express any preference for "European standards of beauty." Our brains are biologically hard-wired to recognize attractive faces on sight.

Besides, even if there were a culturally-imposed standard of beauty, then how did it come to be? I mean, somebody had to decide who and what would be considered beautiful. Is it mere coincidence that a young, hot Jennifer Lopez inspired boners in men from Seattle to Hong Kong?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 AM

121 posts, read 216,682 times
Quote:
White supremacy/Euro-centrism/Western-Anglo culture has no effect whatsoever on my loins.

That's fantastic that you've been able to avoid hundreds of years of White supremacist influences. If only everyone else in the black community were as strong as you.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
You are foolish to believe that people are not conditioned everyday by the media. If you lived in Africa and all of the programs and advertisements ONLY featured women with dark skin, your loins would be conditioned to like that, even if there were other types of women in your community.

Hotness is determined by each culture. The media can condition you to alter your ideas and perceptions. There are many subliminal messages in every form of entertainment. After a while, you begin to blindly accept certain things as reality or the truth.
LOLOLOL. This is great comedy. You're clearly trolling right now. The media never has and never will have any influence over my boners. There is a constellation of physical attributes that ALL men find attractive irrespective of race and background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago