Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bourgeois View Post
About a year ago a co-worker of "mine" who is from New Zealand made several racist comments about aboriginals of his native country. He was also written up for making racist comments about African Americans. Japanese people have made several racist comments. I'm sorry you all are not well informed.

Nobody said that people around the world don't make racist comments. What I said was... in Japan, they're ignorant to racism because 98.5% of the country, is of the same race. I mean, how can you be racist towards people in your country, when 98.5% of the population looks like you?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:30 PM

117 posts, read 128,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Nobody said that people around the world don't make racist comments. What I said was... in Japan, they're ignorant to racism because 98.5% of the country, is of the same race. I mean, how can you be racist towards people in your country, when 98.5% of the population looks like you?

So they don't know what racism is, but they make racist comments about other races??? Got it.

sorry for the confusion

Old 01-02-2012, 05:35 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
There is a funny thing about Europe. It is not exactly homogenized white milk either. As a country we we Americans could learn some things about medieval Europe that still apply today.

Lola Adesioye: Tottenham Riots: It's Time for England to Confront Its Race-Related Issues
2005 civil unrest in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Hungarian Resistance | The Brussels Journal

Old 01-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
There is a funny thing about Europe. It is not exactly homogenized white milk either. As a country we we Americans could learn some things about medieval Europe that still apply today.

Lola Adesioye: Tottenham Riots: It's Time for England to Confront Its Race-Related Issues
2005 civil unrest in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Hungarian Resistance | The Brussels Journal
I will never deny the fact I could learn something from "anyone" from "anywere".

I just didn't understand the European's post. It seemed she/he was attacking certain people and it didn't make any sense to me.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Girl, you need to stop thinking like this! Why are letting this idea LITERALLY dictate your life? When I moved here from Boston, I didn't do a lick of research into whether I'd have to "face competition" in the dating field w/ light skinned girls. If this tiny idea shrouded in myth, stereotypes, and assumptions can persuade you in such a manner, than there is something else going on here that far eclipses your skin color. If you think moving here from Mississippi is going to make you miserable because the Davantes and Jamaris down the block are dating Brittanys and Hannahs, then, again, there are bigger issues afoot. DO NOT move to Chicago b/c you think you think you'll have a leg up in some weird dating competition; move to Chicago b/c you truly believe it is a great city w/ a vibe you like, with the sort of education, career, and social opportunities you're looking for. If you move to Chicago just to find a man and neglect to actually enjoy the city, then you've wasted your time and a grand opportunity.

Honestly, you need to look inside yourself and contemplate what you just said here and ask yourself why you would be miserable. I now plenty of dark skinned chicas who have dated men of all races and shades. The only person who seems to be down on your dark skin is YOU!
Concur. And from a guys point of view I would never date someone with low self esteem. Other guys with worse intentions would only take advantage and move on. There is a point where things simply become a self fulfilling profecy.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:10 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
I think black males throughout the world need to extol dark natural beauties and put them on a pedestal. It would be great if high profile rich men in entertainment, business and politics set the example by selecting dark gorgeous women to marry. Is that really asking too much of rich high profile black men to pair up with dark models in the U.S. or abroad?

Oluchi Onweagba In St. John - YouTube

Lisa, I think Oluchi Onweagba is gorgeous, but looks aren't everything. Aparrently she feels the same way also as she is married to a white italian fashion designer by the name of Luca Orlandi. Orlandi is a very short stature white guy who is 5 feet 6 inches tall and only comes up to this gorgeous beauty's shoulders. But happiness is all that truly matters. They are married and have one son together. Why restrict yourself to just tall, dark and handsome black guys? Maybe you should give some lighter complected african american guys and guys of other races a shot. Broaden your horizons.
Attached Thumbnails
Are the black men colorstruck here ?-luca-oluchi-red.jpg  

Last edited by allen2323; 01-02-2012 at 06:25 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
You said the perfect woman? Why would the dark woman need to be perfect? As human beings, we all have flaws.

Beautiful dark women should not have to settle for just any old average guy. Dark beauties should be married in greater numbers to the same high caliber professional black men that light skin black women and white women are paired with.
100% agree, when I say "perfect" meaning everything is good but skin tone. That a guy would throw a woman he would otherwise marry back to the wolves due to skin tone and skin tone alone. I would seriously question a guy that did that, as I would question any ebony beauty that lowers her standards because of aforementioned insecure males.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
So they don't know what racism is, but they make racist comments about other races??? Got it.

sorry for the confusion
What do you call racist comments? Just because someone includes race in their comment, doesn't make them racist. For example, if a white guy asked why do all black guys have shaving bumps on their faces? That's racist. Why? Because, it implies that white skin is superior to black skin. But, if he said why do most black people put grease in their hair? That's not racist, it's a fact.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:46 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
After over four thousand views and 300 replies what do you think? Are you still considering Chicago?
The information in this thread is valuable and I plan on visiting to see how I like it. Maybe the ladies who said that the men were colorstruck in Chicago were lying or it didn't have anything to do with their color at all.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
What do you call racist comments? Just because someone includes race in their comment, doesn't make them racist. For example, if a white guy asked why do all black guys have shaving bumps on their faces? That's racist. Why? Because, it implies that white skin is superior to black skin. But, if he said why do most black people put grease in their hair? That's not racist, it's a fact.
NO offense, but this is a road we will not go down. You know exactly what is racist and what is not. If a comment is derogatory and aimed at a specific race or ethnic group it is a racist comment. It is common for all people to make racist comments all the time. I just don't understand where you and the other poster are coming from. Have the two of you read the entire thread? Do either of you know what the topic is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago