Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM

499 posts, read 580,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
I do not believe that, women tell themselves they dont want a thug (or white women tell themselves they dont want the office sleaze) and they continue saying that right into the bedroom of said thug/sleaze.

Most women (black women included) want a man that is a little dangerous, and a boring Wall Street Analyst, that folds and irons socks before they go into the drawer, and cries when Bambi gets shot inst going to fit that bill.

For the ones that truely want stability hats off to you, but there are too many women in too many relationships with too many married guys for the "We just want stability" line to fly.
Wow! You sound bitter!

Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
Wow! You sound bitter!
How so? Which one do you think I am? A guy that folks socks, or a thug?

You think that I made up the part about women wanting to talk to married guys out of thin air?

Last edited by vicnice; 01-05-2012 at 05:39 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 06:09 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I agree many are, but you can't use Wall Street brokers and professionals as the norm in your examples. But we may disagree on the idea of just what many black women consider as "average" when it comes to black males. Because in my experience (and I speak solely for myself) most black women prefer a man with "swag" which essentially translates into street hood smarts. Most imo place value over street hood smarts as opposed to book smarts, and some prefer a hybrid between them. However the overall must-have, necessity seems to be street smarts over anything else. Most young black women in my experience prefer to have that over book smarts anyday. A straight A black male with book smarts and without street hood smarts are considered 'corny' and "swagless." (lol)

Again, just my experience in dealing with professional black women in addition to those in hood.
Most women regardless of race don't like corny men period. So, this is not exclusive to black women.

However, I noticed that the black men who complain about black women rejecting them for being too corny, and too book smart, are most likely purusing the more popular looking women that the thugs, and swagged out black men like to flaunt and date. They don't go after the equally corny, and book smart black women who look like Michelle Obama because they don't look good enough for them. Men can be just as guilty for chasing after the wrong qualities in women..'long hair, big booty, small waist' that don't make for good relationships. A lot of black guys who chase after the hot girls with the big booty and long hair wind up bitter & start stereotyping all BW by saying we only want thugs--they just don't want to be honest with themselves and admit, that they want the same hoodrat women that all the thugs and deadbeats want simply because they look good.

I really don't notice most BW going after thugs--I do see a lot of women who are in bad relationships with normal men who are just not right for them.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:55 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Most women regardless of race don't like corny men period. So, this is not exclusive to black women.

However, I noticed that the black men who complain about black women rejecting them for being too corny, and too book smart, are most likely purusing the more popular looking women that the thugs, and swagged out black men like to flaunt and date. They don't go after the equally corny, and book smart black women who look like Michelle Obama because they don't look good enough for them. Men can be just as guilty for chasing after the wrong qualities in women..'long hair, big booty, small waist' that don't make for good relationships. A lot of black guys who chase after the hot girls with the big booty and long hair wind up bitter & start stereotyping all BW by saying we only want thugs--they just don't want to be honest with themselves and admit, that they want the same hoodrat women that all the thugs and deadbeats want simply because they look good.

I really don't notice most BW going after thugs--I do see a lot of women who are in bad relationships with normal men who are just not right for them.
Nyanna,
There's a reason women don't prefer corny men. Most "squares" don't have any charm. Also, they usually don't party, can't dance, and aren't trendy. But, that's not to say they have nothing going for themselves. Because, they do tend to have good credit, money in the bank, a clean criminal record, and health benefits.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:48 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,435,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Nyanna,
There's a reason women don't prefer corny men. Most "squares" don't have any charm. Also, they usually don't party, can't dance, and aren't trendy. But, that's not to say they have nothing going for themselves. Because, they do tend to have good credit, money in the bank, a clean criminal record, and health benefits.
That's fine. But there's no reason that a man with good credit, money in the bank, a clean criminal record, and health benefits, cannot also be able to party, dance, and be trendy. I think it makes perfect sense for a woman to want a man who is both a good provider AND fun to be around.

It doesn't have to be an either-or (nerd versus cool) thing. Be both!

Just like men supposedly want a woman who is a "lady when out with friends, a cook in the kitchen, and a ***** in the bedroom," women also want a man who is multi-dimensional.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Nyanna,
But those qualities have nothing to do with character. Also, when women, especially BW admit that they are attracted to some of the qualities you listed, men claim that we are nothing but golddiggers who are after your money.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 AM

708 posts, read 1,205,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
That's fine. But there's no reason that a man with good credit, money in the bank, a clean criminal record, and health benefits, cannot also be able to party, dance, and be trendy. I think it makes perfect sense for a woman to want a man who is both a good provider AND fun to be around.

It doesn't have to be an either-or (nerd versus cool) thing. Be both!

Just like men supposedly want a woman who is a "lady when out with friends, a cook in the kitchen, and a ***** in the bedroom," women also want a man who is multi-dimensional.
Amen. Being multi dimensional is where its at, women will want you regardless of your status.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 AM

829 posts, read 2,088,216 times
What's unsettling to me is this sense of entitlement that I hear coming from a lot of these so called successful black women out there. It's almost a complete reversal of traditional gender roles. A lot of these so called successful black women are just coming off as extremely demanding and overly angry which is usually why some of them have a hard time finding a partner. They are saying things like I am entitled to this kind of guy because I am college educated, and I have a certain amount of business success so my looks are unimportant. Or the fact that I am a BBW shouldn't matter to a good black man. Some of these so called successful black women really do need to tone it down and maybe they will get a decent guy.

Last edited by allen2323; 01-06-2012 at 05:50 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
What's unsettling to me is this sense of entitlement that I hear coming from a lot of these so called successful black women out there. It's almost a complete reversal of traditional gender roles. A lot of these so called successful black women are just coming off as extremely demanding and overly angry which is usually why some of them have a hard time finding a partner. They are saying things like I am entitled to this kind of guy because I am college educated, and I have a certain amount of business success so my looks are unimportant. Or the fact that I am a BBW shouldn't matter to a good black man. Some of these so called successful black women really do need to tone it down and maybe they will get a decent guy.

Again with the stereotypes that you know are NOT true. I really believe ppl just cling to these because they get gratification out of keeping a group of ppl down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago