Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Explain?
Can of worms for another thread my friend :-).

Old 01-03-2012, 04:19 PM

499 posts, read 580,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
There is a funny thing about Europe. It is not exactly homogenized white milk either. As a country we we Americans could learn some things about medieval Europe that still apply today.

Lola Adesioye: Tottenham Riots: It's Time for England to Confront Its Race-Related Issues
2005 civil unrest in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Hungarian Resistance | The Brussels Journal
Perhaps you should have been in England and seen at first hand these riots, in particular the Tottenham riots. My husband and son were both serving Police Officers at this time. They're not racist but lets face facts. The rioters were black! We welcomed them into our country and what do they do? They use gun and knife law. The riots we had this summer (2011) were mostly blacks, just out to steal and burn. They won't work for a living! They get so much money from the Government that we the tax payer pay for that they can afford designer gear and they are at the heart of the drug culture too. Let's face facts! Don't get African Americans mixed up with the scum we get from Nigeria and the West Indies!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:07 PM

72 posts, read 110,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post
Do you live on this planet? Or are you Dominican?
Do you live on the planet? What i said is truth.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:10 PM

140 posts, read 120,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Any idea how she pulled this off? Did she just luck up?

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/gabrielle-union-dwyane-wade_262x375.jpg (broken link)

Yeah...I can definitely see her remaining dateless for years on end in the city of Chicago. She would be completely invisible to black men.

http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia...mb_140x180.jpg

As would she.

http://www.topnews.in/files/Natasha-Ellie555.JPG
I'm not sure what you mean by, 'any idea how she pulled this off.' Gabrielle Union is a beautiful, college educated, successful actress. That's how she pulled it off.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:11 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post

Black models, actresses and "socialites" tend to seek out white or non-black partners, but the assertion that they are "color struck", "brainwashed" or "self hating" goes unchallenged. They may even be applauded for "understandably" doing so. From what I've observed, most people (especially other black women) are happy to see black women date interracially, yet vilefy black men who chose to do the same for possible the same reasons as said black women...
Oh that couldn't be further from the truth! Speaking as a black who have dated outside my race, I've been accused of being a lot of things. I've been accused of abandoning the race, not giving "the brothers a chance", killing the black race b/c I don't want to bear a fully black child, and my oh so favorite, a race traitor. I've been told so many time that my black card has been revoked that I lost count. And these are from the black people.

Between this, the oft repeated stereotypes of black women used as excuses of why we're undatable (loud, ugly nappy hair, ghetto, destined to be morbidly obese once you get pregnant, etc), and the constant media reports of why black women aren't getting married, and I can see how some women can have low self esteem when it comes to dating. Frankly, as a black woman, you have to develop a thick skin and let all this BS pass by you or you will be doomed

Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
What do you call racist comments? Just because someone includes race in their comment, doesn't make them racist. For example, if a white guy asked why do all black guys have shaving bumps on their faces? That's racist. Why? Because, it implies that white skin is superior to black skin. But, if he said why do most black people put grease in their hair? That's not racist, it's a fact.
This is completely off the topic but most black people DO NOT use grease, at all.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bourgeois View Post
You didn't seem too sorry for the men when Lisa made her snide remarks about African American men. Interesting.
As if there weren't plenty of snide remarks made against African American women. I thought we already made up.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
So let me understand this...

If a black woman dates or marries a light or non-black male, she's doing it for love and therefore unworthy of any criticism.

If a black male is seen with a light or non-black woman then we have these loooong drawn out discussions as to what crazy theory caused him to feel that way in the first place.

If a white guy chooses to be with a non-white woman (especially a black woman) his preference is from the "heart." He is commended, applauded and even praised for it.

Something that is commonly avoided is the fact that...

Black models, actresses and "socialites" tend to seek out white or non-black partners, but the assertion that they are "color struck", "brainwashed" or "self hating" goes unchallenged. They may even be applauded for "understandably" doing so. From what I've observed, most people (especially other black women) are happy to see black women date interracially, yet vilefy black men who chose to do the same for possible the same reasons as said black women...

Yet when Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan or any number of black male celebrities take white or non-black wives and girlfriends, then we are drowned in talk shows, magazine articles, professors, social scientists, dating "experts", economists, psychologists, phlebotimists, gynacologists, herbatologists and whatever else you can think of to explain "what is wrong with black men."

I can't be the only one who sees this...
No you're not. In fact I posted something similar several pages back. It's a double standard

It's not that extreme but Black man marrying or in an relationship with a woman of another race will get more of a response.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
No you're not. In fact I posted something similar several pages back. It's a double standard
Crazy right? It's twisted logic at its finest.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
So let me understand this...

If a black woman dates or marries a light or non-black male, she's doing it for love and therefore unworthy of any criticism.

If a black male is seen with a light or non-black woman then we have these loooong drawn out discussions as to what crazy theory caused him to feel that way in the first place.

If a white guy chooses to be with a non-white woman (especially a black woman) his preference is from the "heart." He is commended, applauded and even praised for it.

Something that is commonly avoided is the fact that...

Yet when Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan or any number of black male celebrities take white or non-black wives and girlfriends, then we are drowned in talk shows, magazine articles, professors, social scientists, dating "experts", economists, psychologists, phlebotimists, gynacologists, herbatologists and whatever else you can think of to explain "what is wrong with black men."

I can't be the only one who sees this...
Part of the reason why a growing number of black women are opting to 'expand their horizons' and date out is in large part due to black men. Many black men have made it publicly known that they are equal opportunity daters, this is especially true for black guys in the upper income range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago