Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 PM

27 posts, read 32,221 times

Advertisements

Hi to All and Happy New Year.

Had a little time so I thought I would check on the site.
Also, I was told something I didn't like about our fair(?) city again. Someone I got to know over the past couple of years told me that he heard from an acquaintance with a little knowledge of city doings, that our mayor is looking to shut down one or two of the city colleges. Just wondering if any of you out there had heard this too. From libraries to schools, I was just wondering how much worse things could become here?

Not to dwell on negatives though. So Happy New Year and maybe this mayor will come under an enlightenment in the new year and will do the things needed to make this city what it once was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 01:17 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,994,276 times
So far no news of that. I would rather doubt they would as the city colleges bring in income to the city(i.e. tuition). What might happen is that some the management and staff could be paired back.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:17 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
The fun thing about big cities like Chicago is the rumor mill never stops churning.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 AM

27 posts, read 32,221 times
You're probably right there linicx. At least I hope it is a just a rumor. We don't need anymore bad news, but I could see it if was true. Heard bad things in the past about the city colleges and how about those salaries that the deans got? And their pensions that we now will all pay for. Pretty stupid and scary stuff in a city that is bankrupt.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:56 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,784,682 times
I also highly doubt the city will shut down any city colleges, especially during economically hard times as enrolment peeks during these times, which means more money for the city, regardless of the drop out rate or the quality of students they allow in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: