U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,493 times

Advertisements

I am attempting to move after an eviction that was recently posted but truly dates back one year ago. My credit is bad after recently moving from a year of part time work to just recently three months of full time work. How should I present this to my potential landlords as I submit applications?

Any suggestions????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 PM

1,896 posts, read 1,069,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese867 View Post
I am attempting to move after an eviction that was recently posted but truly dates back one year ago. My credit is bad after recently moving from a year of part time work to just recently three months of full time work. How should I present this to my potential landlords as I submit applications?

Any suggestions????
Uh, tell the truth. You're working full-time now so explain the situation. It's going to be on your credit report if it was reported by prior landlord. You may have a problem, however, if you have an open judgment from the prior eviction (or any other judgments).

Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM

6,937 posts, read 3,562,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese867 View Post

Any suggestions????
Your credit report will be bad. Be honest with the prospective landlord(s). Management companies will be your biggest problem. Owner-managed buildings will probably be best to concentrate on.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 AM

1,323 posts, read 2,405,366 times
Have you pulled your credit reports to verify that the eviction shows up? It may not even be listed.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:04 PM

1,896 posts, read 1,069,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful View Post
Have you pulled your credit reports to verify that the eviction shows up? It may not even be listed.
Even if not reported on credit, a quick name check can verify an eviction with the court system.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 PM

1,931 posts, read 1,664,276 times
It might be hard on the north side. The landlord will probably want bank statements, paychecks, and probably at least two months rent, plus deposit, up front. They just want to know you will be able to make payments, so if you don't have much money in your checking account, then you would be too high of a risk. Places in the good neighborhoods don't sit vacant for long, so they can be picky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago