Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Sorry dude, but your comparison is pretty wack. How many of the 400 plus murders in Chicago last year resulted in convictions? I think it is pretty safe to say there are people of all colors getting away with murder around town, and the law of averages suggests a good 30 percent or so are black.

The OP will have to explain what they saw better to sway you, but I can tell you that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what a drug deal looks like. Really, you have to be kidding- I remember a transplant from the NE telling me about some dude in Uptown right outside the Riv pulled a bag out of his mouth to finish the deal, outlandishly reckless is the norm for dealers, not the exception.
I'll tell you what? I'm not buying what your selling, but I'll rent it for now. Lets ASSUME those two guys were breaking the law. Why didn't the OP inform the police? If he doesn't do anything to stop it, he shouldn't be talking about how bad it is. Instead, he's acting like a victim, while the real victims (the general public) are probably still being victimized.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-20-2012 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 AM

72 posts, read 110,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Just kidding guys. My point is, if you missed it, the OP was in their business, and giving the impression that he was a victim of something. No one did anything to him. But, he's screaming bloody murder. Are there not drug dealers in Lincoln Park, where he lives? I bet there is. And, I bet they move way more product. My feelings were, go clean up your own yard. The world is a ghetto.

CHURCH!

Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 AM

72 posts, read 110,784 times
Quote:
I'd like to say something here. I find it VERY disturbing, that someone who looks like Casey Anthony, can get away with murder. But, if someone who looks like her sees "TWO BLACK GUYS RUNNING TO CARS" (their words not mind), then those guys need to be taken off the streets. What part of the game is that?
*JanisBopp2 raises hand in class* "That'll be racist undertones Mr.Fan!"

Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanisBop22 View Post
*JanisBopp2 raises hand in class* "That'll be racist undertones Mr.Fan!"
"A nod's as good as a ". *class dismissed*

Old 01-21-2012, 03:32 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,577,681 times
The OP didn't report it to the police because the OP had to meet someone in Hyde Park that night, and then frankly didn't think of it until killing time on citydata a few days later. The OP also decided to vent on said message forum site because that's what this site is for.

The OP also has something called common sense and eyes, and when he sees car after car pulling up to these two hoodlums, then he suspects something is afoot. The OP also has never called himself or considered himself a victim - not sure where the hell that came from. And finally, the OP is aware that the internet brings with it trolls and irrational characters, and it's always fun watching a retard type.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:59 PM

8 posts, read 8,128 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what? I'm not buying what your selling, but I'll rent it for now. Lets ASSUME those two guys were breaking the law. Why didn't the OP inform the police? If he doesn't do anything to stop it, he shouldn't be talking about how bad it is. Instead, he's acting like a victim, while the real victims (the general public) are probably still being victimized.

I totally agree with this post. It is going on 15 years now since I lived in Chicago and I never really went to that part of town so I'm not sure how much worse or better it got, but preventing crime involves entire neighborhoods. The OP rants about the city not doing anything, but he doesn't do his part to make the community better. He then goes and rants about it, mocks other posters, and calls them retards. He is just as much the problem if he carries that attitude outside of the internet.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:30 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
Quote:
Maybe he/she is a Libertarian and deep down doesn't believe in interfering with a transaction between two consenting parties?

But sure, you have a fair point. Otoh, why don't I call the police for every legal infraction I see? Because I'd never get further than a mile from my house if I had to do that!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
But sure, you have a fair point. Otoh, why don't I call the police for every legal infraction I see? Because I'd never get further than a mile from my house if I had to do that!
This.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:11 PM

30 posts, read 45,678 times
Quote:
Maybe he/she is a Libertarian and deep down doesn't believe in interfering with a transaction between two consenting parties?

Interesting topic. While it is understandable that people don't report every legal infraction (for example I don't care enough about people jaywalking to go after them), open-air drug trafficking can absolutely ruin a community. I feel that If the OP saw it, then he should of reported it to the proper authorities. Does CPD have a emergency texting system, where people can alert the police quickly and anonymously about issues?

Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Well, I'm a resident of Lincoln Park but that's not the point. I just was shocked at how terrible an area so close to the Hyde Park is. I knew it was bad around there, but this was deplorable. If Chicago wants to attract more tourists, more residents, more families to the South side, then it should ensure their safety on at least a minimal level. This was farrrrrr beyond the minimal level.

Also, tourists are more apt to take trains than buses, right? Well, perhaps they'd like to see U of C/Hyde Park but may not be aware of just how bad that area is. And you can blame them for not being street smart or aware of their surroundings - lord knows it's easier to blame the victim in these cases - but even with that this is unacceptable and irresponsible.

It would benefit the city greatly to do ANYTHING there. Christ, just give us some lighting at the very least. God forbid there's some security out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
The OP didn't report it to the police because the OP had to meet someone in Hyde Park that night, and then frankly didn't think of it until killing time on citydata a few days later. The OP also decided to vent on said message forum site because that's what this site is for.

The OP also has something called common sense and eyes, and when he sees car after car pulling up to these two hoodlums, then he suspects something is afoot. The OP also has never called himself or considered himself a victim - not sure where the hell that came from. And finally, the OP is aware that the internet brings with it trolls and irrational characters, and it's always fun watching a retard type.
Now, do you know?

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-23-2012 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago