Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:32 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,410,916 times

Advertisements

I think they're taking their time because Monday AM rush hour is still a ways to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 01:32 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,226,185 times
I was just adding my point of view to the discussion. You know, dialoging lol. Now if you were looking for a conversation where every one agreed with you perhaps you should have posted under the article you found instead of making ridiculous azzumptions about those who disagree with you. Anyhoo, have fun kids

Old 01-21-2012, 02:12 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,562,567 times
All the large streets are clear. Side streets are in decent shape too.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 PM

183 posts, read 337,091 times
The streets are fine now because they sent the plows out AFTER the storm. I talked to a Streets & San guy doing superfluous plowing on N. Lincoln ave this afternoon who confirmed they were NOT sent out yesterday at 11am when the snow started. The Loop streets and many main arteries were untouched early yesterday afternoon when they could have gotten ahead of the accumulation before the rush. It took me nearly 3 hours to drive 6 miles N of the Loop last evening, and I left at 3:30. No kidding. Didn't think I needed to bring a snack and plan for a bathroom stop just to drive 6 miles. and We were driving in grooves in the snow on Clark, Sheridan, State, Dearborn. There have been many other evening rush storms in years past and I have never seen the streets like this when there was advance warning of the storm. And since when has the North Ave entrance to LSD had to be closed due to "slickness"? It's not slick if they salt it. Hopin' this not going to be a trend. I felt like I was back in Indy where they close everything when there is more than 2" because they are too cheap to pay for enough plows and salt.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,065,670 times
I love that both this storm and the one last weekend were basicaly melted away within 48-60 hours.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,956,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGemini View Post
Okay, I know I'm not crazy, I'm reading the comments under an article about the storm and everyone is basically saying the same thing I said. Didn't see ONE snow plow truck out. Like I said, people who didn't notice obviously aren't from here. One thing about this city is they have always been great with handling snowstorms. So in comparison to the past, something is definitely not right. But then I realize some people just say sh*t to be a smart azz instead of actually trying to engage in some type of dialouge and it all makes sense....
The streets around my house were never plowed after the first storm or Friday's storm. So, I don't think you're crazy because the streets around me went completely untouched, and I thought it was weird.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,828,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I love that both this storm and the one last weekend were basicaly melted away within 48-60 hours.
Yep. Although I noted this morning there were still buckets, chairs and other crapola in parking spaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago