Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:48 AM

117 posts, read 128,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post
Chicago's influential black culture is HIGHLY underrated. I am amazed at how much goes relatively unnoticed. From Johnson Publishing to our current president, we black Chicagoans have a lot to be proud of. I would like to write about it some day.

A little O/T but ironic considering today is the first day of Black History Month , we lost another Chicago legend today--Don Corneilius, who brought us Soul Train, which was also began in Chicago.
May Don rip.

I didn't hear that one until now.

I vagauly remember when it was in Chicago. I was a young boy.

...and yes we do have a lot to be proud of.

Ron Mallett: Scientist On The Verge Of Creating A Time Machine!!!1 - YouTube

Maybe in this time machine we can briefly go back to the days when Africa didn't have a Greek name...just kidding lol

Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM

117 posts, read 128,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
I don't doubt I was pretty stone faced after my best friend was stabbed to death. And one could prabobly say I "showed no sign" of remorse or sadness. Although I'm not sure why I would have felt remorse.

You're a jackass if you honestly think you know the thoughts and feelings of your co-workers. A lot of people try to keep politics as much out of the work place as possible.

And aren't you the guy who said blacks and whites should have separate schools?
Considering they constanly made racial slurs I would say they were probably glad he was murdered.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago