U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,181 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to buy a queen bed sometime in the near future and don't know where to start looking. What are decent places to get a good deal? And do they deliver?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 PM

1,965 posts, read 2,287,738 times
There are quite a few places.....Back to Bed, American Mattress, Carsons Home store, etc. I have bought quite a few mattresses over the years. The last one I bought was in Andersonville on Clark near Winnemac. There is a mattress store there. Ikea also sells mattresses. As far as getting a good deal, who knows. Mattresses are kind of like cars you never really know if you are getting a good deal. Most places deliver. Make sure if you have an old mattress that they will take it away for you so you do not have to dispose.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 AM

73 posts, read 139,727 times
try this place on ogden and western. its a small dumpy warehouse on the north side of ogden across the street from a gas station that has a burger king and a dunkin donuts. Good prices and im certain they deliver. forgot the name, its just the average family owned and operated mattress place.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 AM

438 posts, read 893,669 times
Don't buy from Back To Bed...their return policy sucks which they don't tell you...we found out the hard way...We also bought from Macy's and it was a great experience. They don't try to hard sell you and they always have huge sales...they deliver and setup and haul away your old mattress

Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 AM

337 posts, read 278,145 times
I feel like there are a ton of furniture stores, including mattress stores, on Clybourn between Fullerton and North.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM

1,997 posts, read 1,757,264 times
I had a pretty good experience with American Mattress. They have a 30 day exchange policy and they actually stand by it. I ordered a "pillow top" mattress on their website. What was delivered to my house was the lamest pillow top mattress I have ever seen. I called the store and they told me to come in and pick a new one. So, I did that and the next day the faux pillow top was out and a real one was in. No hassle with it at all, which shocked me since it seems like most places don't stand by their return policies.

Now, if you're up for doing the heavy lifting yourself, you can get a good price on a high quality mattress at Menards stores in the suburbs (city locations don't sell them though). I got a really nice mattress at Menards 5 years ago and I still love it now.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM

9,258 posts, read 11,847,924 times
There's a mattress store at 35th and Halsted that did a capable job of taking payment for and delivering the mattress I chose there, that's pretty much what I want of a mattress store. I suppose most of the dozens of similar stores around the city do as well.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:08 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,549,722 times
I needed a queen sized mattress to accommodate a sick friend who moved in with me while undergoing chemotherapy. I went to American Mattress, told the salesperson I wanted something basic but reasonbably comfortable, that it wasn't going to be handed down through the generations and that I needed it delivered the next day. No b.s. on the salesperson's part. He took me to a 2-pc set that was relatively low priced, as compared to the $1,200 sets he was then showing to another couple, I bought it and it arrived as promised. I was stunned that it went so quickly and that the mattress is such a good one. Serta.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:39 PM

11,154 posts, read 7,575,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclaus View Post
I'm looking to buy a queen bed sometime in the near future and don't know where to start looking. What are decent places to get a good deal? And do they deliver?
When I first moved here, I went to Back to Bed. Got a Simmons Beautyrest at a great price (~$900 or $1000 for the mattress and box spring), including free shipping. Bought it on a Saturday and the bed arrived on the following Monday morning. The manager was cool at the one I went to and didn't try and sell me on the most expensive thing. Asked a bunch of questions to see what I needed and sold me the Simmons Beautyrest. He even told me "Some people will buy this other bed for a higher price, but the Simmons is better." I didn't feel any pressure from the guy, which was awesome.

It's almost three years later and I couldn't be happier. Most comfortable bed I've ever owned and BTB delivers free to anywhere in the Chicago area (or at least did when I went to them).

Old 07-09-2012, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,602 times
Default Mattress on sale

Queen set $110... Full set $85... Twin set $69 on "regular quality"

Orthopedic type: Queen set $189... Full set $169, twin set $119.

Pillow one side, white top: Queen set $219... Full set $179... Twin set $149.

Pillow doble side, white top: Queen set $249... Full set $219... Twin set $189.

Mbamboo, one side pillow: Queen set $ 349... Full set $279... Twin set $229.

If you need a special size i can get it for you.

On Diversey, between Hamlin and Central Park, Chicago Illinois
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago