U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 05:16 PM

541 posts, read 474,175 times
I side with the 53 yo guy who said what's the problem with two guys having dinner together, but I also agree that well...it's not the way it works most of times.
It's strictly an American thing. Back in Italy I used to go out and have dinner with my buddy all the times, and then we would hit bars and clubs looking for women.
In Germany it is pretty normal too.

Here I have a friend and we go out often but never to dinner, just bars and we can grab a bite in there (yes, mostly bar food). Not my choice, mind you. I remember that 2 years ago we were together in Orlando at a conference. After we were done working I said "let's go out eat something". However I wasn't feeling too well and couldn't stand the idea of a greasy burger and fries, so I took him to an Italian restaurant.
Food was great (for Orlando standard, it would be decent in Chicago) and wine not bad either. he seemed to enjoy it, we had a nice conversation and then all of sudden he looked at me and said:" do you think we look gays?". I was like "whhhaaaattt?" Why??
And he told me: you know...in America guys don't go out together in a regular restaurant unless they are family or gays...

To me it is shocking but it is true that everytime I am out with my wife I never see two guys eating together (unless it's a sport bar).

I am not saying this is wrong or anything, just this is how it is. I guess every place has itw own customs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago