Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,224,559 times

Advertisements

Wayne is pretty good in any sense, even up to Ridge, IMHO.

To be honest, there aren't too many areas of Edgewater that I'd absolutely hate to live in . I've only lived here for about a year, but more and more, IDGAF about 'shady places' like those you'd find "east of broadway'. As we've said before, Winthrop and Kenmore and fine between 5200/5600 N. So from 5600 N to 6400 N is where you might have issues. Aside from that, I find most of Edgewater to be pretty nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,224,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I agree. That stretch between Wilson and Montross is weird. You would think that being only a few blocks north of Wrigley would make this area prime real estate but for some reason, development (or at least, significant development) hasn't really taken off.
I just looked at that condo complex @ Lawrence and Clark across from the cemetary. They were certainly looking for some higher than usual prices despite it being a current no man's land. You'd think it would be less.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 AM

14,802 posts, read 17,562,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
I just looked at that condo complex @ Lawrence and Clark across from the cemetary. They were certainly looking for some higher than usual prices despite it being a current no man's land. You'd think it would be less.
I would be very wary of that place. I assume the association is in shambles.

But Ceres Table is right there and it's so delish!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,560,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I agree. That stretch between Wilson and Montross is weird. You would think that being only a few blocks north of Wrigley would make this area prime real estate but for some reason, development (or at least, significant development) hasn't really taken off.
Development on that stretch is picking up with the BET and this place is coming soon and sounds awesome

Kristine Subido Leaving Wave to Open Pecking Order - Chef Shuffles - Eater Chicago

Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
Development on that stretch is picking up with the BET and this place is coming soon and sounds awesome

Kristine Subido Leaving Wave to Open Pecking Order - Chef Shuffles - Eater Chicago
There you go, it's a done deal for the area. thanks for the link!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,113,735 times
Other options to public school is Montessori, church school and home school. Home school is far less expensive and Chicago is a wonderfull location for learning at any age. .

Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,957,533 times
I suspect that anyone that would suggest there is some huge range of options really is quite unfamilar with Chicago and the difficulties facing the majority of schools. Simply put the economic reality of reduced incomes means that even schools that once had solid enrollment numbers are facing declining support. This should come as no shock as even formerly well off two income couples have been severally impacted by the economic down turn.

With the EXTREMELY HIGH COST of many private schools I really cannopt fathom how someone shopping for well priced apartments in a part of Chicago that is decidedly less exepensive could realistically be a canidate for private school: Montesssori Academy of Chicago (http://www.montesoriacademychicago.org/admissions/tuition-and-fees.php - broken link) British School of Chicago (http://www.britishschoolofchicago.org/Admissions/TuitionFees - broken link)

I am well aware that neither of those schools is close to Andersonville but the important point is that these are respresntative tutions driven by the market realities of running a private school in Chicago and should be a majory factor in helping to determine potential options beyond the local public school...

Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM

Roger Park Montessori is in Andersonville, 1800 W. Balmoral.

Rogers Park Montessori School - Serving the needs of the child.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:57 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,957,533 times
Not exactly a bargain either: Tuition and Fee Schedule

Old 03-05-2012, 03:52 PM

14,418 posts, read 22,373,342 times
I am happy to put my kid through public school. I am a dedicated parent and i am not planning on relying on the school alone to better my child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago