Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 04:16 AM

16 posts, read 60,739 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone

I plan on renting a 2 bedroom unit in Lincoln park starting in June. I have begun my search. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good property management company to rent from and/or a good apartment. I want to be near Lincoln Ave/Clark St and walking distance to the Fullerton stop.

I have looked on yelp at the property management companies I have found apts for from craigslist and various other sites, and their review are AWFUL. I am trying to avoid shady fees, managers not fixing problems, etc.

Thank you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
All management companies have bad reviews it seems. I would just stick to using padmapper.com, go check out the places you like and get a feel for if you like the owner/manager OK. We specifically turned down one apartment that we geuninely liked because from moment 1 the landlord seemed like a bitchy weirdo. Our place in Wicker Park was run by Peak Properties -- their office is in Roscoe Village and they appear to have properties scattered al over the North Side. Were they perfect? Definitely not, but our unit was well priced (even a bit underpriced for the area because the condition was only so so) and I'd rent from them again. If you check them out on Yelp you'll see they have the worst reviews I've ever seen.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,062,483 times
Companies like that are generally going to have more bad reviews than good. People are far more prone to go online to complain and vent than to praise their landlords.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:46 AM

16 posts, read 60,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandur View Post
Companies like that are generally going to have more bad reviews than good. People are far more prone to go online to complain and vent than to praise their landlords.
Sigh of relief. After reading all those reviews, I was starting to think I might need to save my pennies and take out a mortgage.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM

50 posts, read 94,493 times
Default A list and map of Lincoln Park apartments

Check out our at-a-glance list and map of Lincoln Park apartments. You'll find links to the websites for each property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: