Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
NSH

284 posts, read 2,364,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Now now ... I'm a former south-suburbanite, and I never listened to Ted Nugent
How they got him to do ridgefest is beyond me. You should check him out live, the show is beyond fantastic.
http://www.chicagoridge.org/Community/Ridgefest.html (broken link)

Old 05-11-2007, 11:46 AM

33 posts, read 122,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSH View Post
Those are all sw suburbs of chicago, if you like Ted Nugent you'll fit in find down there.
if you mean Ted Nugent the singer, i never heard enen one song of his ..

however, you didnt say whether they are good or bad ?

Old 05-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I get the impression from other posts that Fuse_5a is Middle Eastern and that's why he's looking specifically at that area.

If that's not the case, if you're going to live in the Justice/Worth area, do Blue Island instead. Same general area, much nicer.
Yup, glad you noticed that

also, you didnt say are those areas good or bad ?? i mean crimes or poverty stincks etc...

Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
I don't know much about those areas and detailed data isn't readily available like it is for Chicago proper. But the general impression I get of those areas is that they're pretty blue-collar middle-class, some crime but not too bad, overall the areas are a little tired and worn down but not particularly bad or dangerous places to live. Worth in particular seems to have very very good (low) crime statistics; Justice is also pretty low; Bridgeview, about average; South Ridge, I've never heard of.

Last edited by Drover; 05-11-2007 at 12:24 PM..

Old 05-11-2007, 12:37 PM

18 posts, read 55,200 times
At least Ted is a conservative. He doesn't use. But he made his money. Last time I seen him was at the Aragon "Brawlroom". sorry... that's what they call it...
I was born and raised in Westlawn.. 53 yrs. I will be selling the house and getting out. My neighbors don't speak english. I have a rooster in my neighbors back yard. Half my block is Handicap permit parking though no one can drive. I see the elderly waving the plackard out to the grandkids car so they can get a space in front of the house.
Around the airport there is neighborhood permit parking... but just try to park your car if you live around the Hubbard Highschool Athletic field ...when your coming home from work... Half the year is baseball and football. You think they would use the parking around the park... Oh no... you have to literally circle the wagons to find a place to park. Alderman Frank O is clueless. Westlawn is the American Dream neighborhood for those taking the "Red Eye" from Sky Harbor airport.
I see all kinds of flags flying around and the one you don't see is American.

I know of the Gay bar on 65th and I go there allmost every Sat night. I won't go to 103rd and western to some "typical" bar and risk abuse.
After getting my car vandalized and my spare tire stolen, I'll cut my losses, and tell everyone I know that the "hood" started going bad 26 years ago. But bad to me, is not bad to others... just a Great opportunity! (sigh)

Old 05-14-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I don't know much about those areas and detailed data isn't readily available like it is for Chicago proper. But the general impression I get of those areas is that they're pretty blue-collar middle-class, some crime but not too bad, overall the areas are a little tired and worn down but not particularly bad or dangerous places to live. Worth in particular seems to have very very good (low) crime statistics; Justice is also pretty low; Bridgeview, about average; South Ridge, I've never heard of.

thanks Drover .... nice info

Old 08-05-2007, 06:06 PM

86 posts, read 698,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic62888 View Post
I am thinking of moving to Chicago, and I don't want to know the really safe neighborhoods, I would probably get too many responses, lol, so can you just tell me what sections of town to shy away from? I want to be as close to downtown as possible.

The worst neighborhoods:

On the north side, far north east section of Rogers Park, specifically around Howard St. and the adjacent blocks.

On the south side, the whole south state street corridor from 30th all the way 75th st. Parts of S. Asland ave. between 51st and 68th are very violent.

There is no east side, it's Lake Michigan

On the West side, it's all bad. The worst are the neighborhoods of East and West Garfield Park. West Garfiled in particular was a killing field for years, extreme gun violence, street violence, poverty, gangs and drugs. In fact, both of these neighborhoods are within CPD's Harrison district. In late 80's into the 90's this district had 80-100 homicides a year. Keep in mind this district is only 2 miles by 2.5 big. Might have been worse than South Central L.A. Very scary. I hear it has improved some.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:40 AM

25 posts, read 76,301 times
Default Bad Neigborhoods In Chicago, IL

Bad Neighborhoods In Chicago. I'm thinking of going to that city but I just want some advice where to be and where not to be
thx!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:43 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,531 times
It would be better if you ask this question on the Chicago forum.But anyways I've heard that the westside is mostly all bad,and there is bad neighborhoods and good neighborhoods on the southside.The northside from what I saw when I was there was mostly good but does have a couple sketchy areas,I don't know the names of any of the neighborhoods there really through,the Chicago people will help you with that.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:46 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
"Well the south side of chicago
Is the baddest part of town
And if you go down there
You better just beware
Of a man named leroy brown"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago