U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
I'm not sure adding bathrooms is fair game, i mean the list would be 1,000 of pages long.
For sure. I'm just adding some notes to compare with the Thompson Center bathrooms. Naturally, I'm sure there are hundreds of skeezy bathrooms throughout the city.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 09:19 AM

1,192 posts, read 665,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
I'm not sure adding bathrooms is fair game, i mean the list would be 1,000 of pages long.
Fair enough.

I only added the Thompson Center bathrooms due to the fact that they are right in the Loop, but yet are so terribly maintained.

I will also add the parking lot at Trader Joe's... especially on the weekend (more specifically the one on Lincoln just North of Addison). Its like the store has a signal emanating from it that causes people to go stupid once they enter the lot. A total C.F., to say the least.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 AM

4,263 posts, read 5,679,207 times
Any CTA elevator.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 AM

1,854 posts, read 1,801,559 times
Pretty good article. Thompson Center DMV is actually the best one I've been to, although maybe the ones in Ohio just suck worse. I did not use the bathroom there.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:31 AM

187 posts, read 156,104 times
YES @ the Michigan Avenue one. It's a PUBLIC sidewalk, GET OUT THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM

956 posts, read 734,411 times
I have a mixed feeling of both pride and shame in saying I scored a perfect 9/9. Thompson center bathrooms are indeed a wreck, but I've seen worse...some that would rival the "worst toilet in Scotland" scene from trainspotting...none of them in Chicago though.

Other things to avoid:

-the "**** compartment" on the ends of CTA cars.
-it's covered by Michigan Avenue, but specifically, American Girl Place

I don't think it's there anymore thanks to Aqua Tower, but:
The elevator that took you from Columbus S of the river adjacent to the firehouse down to the golf course/restaurant where the eastside development is today. This must be the nastiest elevator in the history of the world. We brought tissues with us every time to push the down button. A group of us took that once to get lunch at the restaurant. When we were preparing to get on, we were welcomed with a scene of two homeless guys who hadn't showered in weeks screwing each other in the elevator. Not cool.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:53 AM

2,057 posts, read 1,939,039 times
Ive done 1,4,5,6,7, and 8. I can honestly say I hate #1 the most. I went to comcast at least 3 times before finally saying "f**k it!" and moving on to RCN.

Anyway, I would like to add the Taste of Chicago. The crowds paired with over priced food that I can buy anytime to better quality standards has really turned me off from that fair. I cannot stand the Taste.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,030,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago76 View Post
I have a mixed feeling of both pride and shame in saying I scored a perfect 9/9. Thompson center bathrooms are indeed a wreck, but I've seen worse...some that would rival the "worst toilet in Scotland" scene from trainspotting...none of them in Chicago though.
I am amazed the Sox fans haven't stepped up to rail on the 4th world conditions that are Wrigley's bathrooms. This is spoken as a lifelong Cub fan who grew up a mile from the park, btw.

The troughs are effective/efficient enough, but is it too much to ask to get some TVs in there so there's something to distract you/you can stay on top of the game?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM

1,854 posts, read 1,801,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I am amazed the Sox fans haven't stepped up to rail on the 4th world conditions that are Wrigley's bathrooms. This is spoken as a lifelong Cub fan who grew up a mile from the park, btw.

The troughs are effective/efficient enough, but is it too much to ask to get some TVs in there so there's something to distract you/you can stay on top of the game?
Wrigley's bathrooms are fine, and you're proving that point if you're complaining about lack of TVs.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM

1,827 posts, read 1,543,598 times
Agree w Wrigley bathrooms, ick, I just don't want to be that close to another dude while he and I are touching our, well, you know.

Along the lines of Comacst... Have you ever gone to the central UPS facility because you needed that package asap and you missed the delivery person? Holy s**t, what a CF, an endless purgatory of waiting and zero empathy from, what I'd say are the most unhappy, least motivated, couldn't give one iota abt you and yr package, employees!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago