Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:49 PM

622 posts, read 1,190,496 times

Advertisements

chase has a great app as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 PM

91 posts, read 213,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
A bank with the most branches is of little importance to me. I looked for convenience. Since I'm at work more than I'm at home during the week I looked for the bank closest to where I work. And I looked for a bank with many ATM machines, because my payroll is direct deposit and I use the ATM to obtain cash rather than walk up to a bank teller in a branch office. Remember, too, that you can obtain cash-back at all supermarkets, drug stores and many other retail outlets. You can consider all of these opportunities "branch banks."
You are of course right! I do consider ATMs "branches" and that's why I asked for locations important to us which are The Loop (work) and Streeterville (live)...Chase/Walgreens are closely located in both places.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:00 AM

928 posts, read 1,703,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgunn View Post
Chase is everywhere, but if you want to bank local I would suggest North Community Bank. They're incredibly friendly, always offer local perks for signing up (gift cards to local businesses), they have snacks and water out for dogs and they always remember your name. Oh, and they have ATMs just about everywhere on the north side. Highly recommend them.
Listen to this man, for he knows that of which he speaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisah168 View Post
Thank you all! Chase it is!
Ah, I look forward to your sh*tacular customer service endeavors, and slow death from 10,000 asinine fees.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 AM

15,331 posts, read 23,764,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgunn View Post
Chase is everywhere, but if you want to bank local I would suggest North Community Bank. They're incredibly friendly, always offer local perks for signing up (gift cards to local businesses), they have snacks and water out for dogs and they always remember your name. Oh, and they have ATMs just about everywhere on the north side. Highly recommend them.
I've heard they're good too. The only thing I've used from them is a gift card, but I see they have ATMs and branches downtown more than any other local/regional branch for sure.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:51 AM

14,802 posts, read 17,562,567 times
My opinion is go with Chase due to most branches/ATM's or like someone above recommended, a local community bank. North Community is a good option.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM

483 posts, read 837,963 times
Schwab online checking: no ATM fees anywhere (they reimburse you automatically for other banks' ATM fees), no minimums, earns some interest, deposit checks with your smartphone, no international fees, human/humane customer service.

Plus you don't have to work with vile Chase, Citi or BOFA.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:04 PM

72 posts, read 142,790 times
There are usually programs from Chase or Citi in which they'll deposit a certain amount depending on most basic types of accounts being opened ($25-$125), all you have to do is give the person whom referred you (an already existing customer) upon opening your account. It's a win-win for both you guys.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:10 PM

3,867 posts, read 6,775,125 times
I loved Bank One when I became a customer of theirs when I was only 13. Once Chase bought them out I grew to love Chase as well. Lately though, they have been slipping. I got double charged on a quick pay transaction, because of that they credited my account $25. Come tax time that $25 needed to be reported so I did, but it got incorrectly reported because of an error on their end in sending me the wrong form. Ugh.

Anyway, regardless I still can't seem to want to leave. They have the most ATMs, and one time they did credit my account when I overdrew from my account (due to a banking delay). Overall, I would say Chase has been an excellent bank. Despite the fact that they invest in dumb portfolios that lose them billions of dollars.

Here is an offer for you if you open an account and setup direct deposit! Search "Chase bank open account bonus" in google.

Last edited by ChiGuy2.5; 05-24-2012 at 02:22 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 PM

732 posts, read 2,971,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rca215 View Post
Schwab online checking: no ATM fees anywhere (they reimburse you automatically for other banks' ATM fees), no minimums, earns some interest, deposit checks with your smartphone, no international fees, human/humane customer service.

Plus you don't have to work with vile Chase, Citi or BOFA.
+1 x 99473. The megabanks can suck it.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,069,558 times
Chase certainly falls under the Mega bank
I have been with them for several years and I have Never
ever had a fee from them , not once.

As a matter of fact they give me Free money orders , and on occassion I use this service even in 2012 the age of electronic transactions.

They have a very user friendly web application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: