Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times

Advertisements

Back when I used to hit the "clubs" a lot more often, I got kicked out for falling asleep on their couches (boring night plus I was really tired from lack of sleep). This must have been some time in 2005 or 2006 lol. I have been back there a few times since then, but it's been a couple years since I've been to that place at this point I think.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,677,707 times
I've been out once or twice, but if you're getting beat up by the bouncers (strike 1) and giving the CPD a hassle (Strike 2,3,and 4) You're going to have problems.

9/10 times if you're cool with the CPD they'll just tell you to get lost. You get lippy with them, they'll take you back to the station where you'll 'fall down the stairs' -- when the station is only one floor high. At the end of the day Chicago cops really really hate doing paperwork. You had to try to get arrested.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM

283 posts, read 447,305 times
heh. One of the recent YELP interviews mentions that:

Quote:
Chicago, IL

7/16/2012
I use to be a big fan of sound bar back when I was still in college, years have passed and the experience got worse. The music is loud with decent light effects, but leaves you deaf, the crowd gets worse and worse as well. Perhaps native chicago people know this isn't the place to be.

My last experience over the weekend threw everything away. First the staff there are very rude and not willing to help. My girlfriend lost her phone while looking around we couldn't talk so stepped outside the smoking area. Coming back they wanted to charge us $20 to get back in even though I said I was looking for a cell phone and wanted to look around again. So I paid the $20 to get back in while very upset about it looked around and the place was about to close down. Asked for the lost and found and they said "NO" and to call in monday and ask for it. Well I was already there it wouldnt hurt just to step in and ask if they found a phone or not.
Instead they told me to "go home" after I said can I just ask if they found a phone or not. They said NO GET OUT OF HERE AND CALL MONDAY. REALLY?

Now I understand why everyone give them such a bad review.

Walking away there was a huge fight outside the venue, this really tells what kind of people go to Soundbar. If you want rude staff, overly loud music, rough sketchy crowd, this is the place to be.

If your like most people who want to have a good time during the weekend? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! They lost my business and all my friends for sure!

1- Star is being nice already.
Sound-Bar - Near North Side - Chicago, IL

Last edited by Warsie; 07-17-2012 at 09:23 PM..

Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsie View Post
heh. One of the recent YELP interviews mentions that:

Sound-Bar - Near North Side - Chicago, IL
That's funny. There's actually tons of reviews like that. It seriously is the worst club in Chicago, possibly the world. It's a shame because the inside is actually decent in layout and such.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:03 AM

The layout is terrible with the two different liquor licenses. I remember when it was delayed for over a year, and then after it opened I never bothered to go.
I always thought it catered too much to FOB's and suburbanites.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
The layout is terrible with the two different liquor licenses. I remember when it was delayed for over a year, and then after it opened I never bothered to go.
I always thought it catered too much to FOB's and suburbanites.
Wait wait...two licenses? Anyway, I think we can all agree it's a terrible club

Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 AM

15 posts, read 120,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
I've been out once or twice, but if you're getting beat up by the bouncers (strike 1) and giving the CPD a hassle (Strike 2,3,and 4) You're going to have problems.

9/10 times if you're cool with the CPD they'll just tell you to get lost. You get lippy with them, they'll take you back to the station where you'll 'fall down the stairs' -- when the station is only one floor high. At the end of the day Chicago cops really really hate doing paperwork. You had to try to get arrested.
They were very polite with the cops. One of them even let my friend use his private cell phone to call his girlfriend. The bouncers are the one who start all that.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Wait wait...two licenses? Anyway, I think we can all agree it's a terrible club
That's why the downstairs closes at 2 am, while upstairs is open until 4. Ever since they opened they had liquor license issues. Or, I should say, they opened one night, closed for about a year, then opened again.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:35 PM

283 posts, read 447,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
That's funny. There's actually tons of reviews like that. It seriously is the worst club in Chicago, possibly the world. It's a shame because the inside is actually decent in layout and such.
Do you know any better [EDM] clubs in Chicago?

Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,163,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsie View Post
Do you know any better [EDM] clubs in Chicago?
Smart Bar.

Go to GRAMAPHONE RECORDS on Clark (just north of Diversey) and look for flyers to find good events with edm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: