Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:02 AM

226 posts, read 382,082 times

Advertisements

Both of these neighborhood are pretty verdant, which is nice. The Lincoln Square/Ravenswood has a lot of young families so it can feel almost like a suburb at times. Also worth noting is the Brown Line, which is what you would be taking if you lived in L.S/R, it's significantly cleaner and less crowded than the Red Line. It can take about 45 minutes to an hour to get to the Loop from the Damen and Western Brown Lines though.

Edgewater is close to Andersonville which is an especially great place to live if you're single and gay (though you didn't mention your sexual preference, gay or straight it's a great neighborhood). Andersonville kind of reminds me of a way more mature version of Boystown (Menstown?). I think the rent might be slightly cheaper in Edgewater.

Both of these neighborhoods have really gorgeous and quiet tree-lined streets. Try to find an apartment on one of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 01:50 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I'd buy that for a Saturday morning (GPS doesn't lie too badly yet) Sheridan & Hollywood (South Bound) - ETA. I sorta doubt that the city has become so de-populated that a weekday morning rush hour only adds 3 minutes to those travel times...

I take it every morning...it's 12-15 minutes from Foster/Sheridan to the Mag Mile...every day

Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 PM

364 posts, read 1,568,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardot View Post
Both of these neighborhood are pretty verdant, which is nice. The Lincoln Square/Ravenswood has a lot of young families so it can feel almost like a suburb at times. Also worth noting is the Brown Line, which is what you would be taking if you lived in L.S/R, it's significantly cleaner and less crowded than the Red Line. It can take about 45 minutes to an hour to get to the Loop from the Damen and Western Brown Lines though.
It also takes 13 minutes via the Metra, which picks up at Ravenswood/Lawrence.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Andersonville/Edgewater if you're gay, Lincoln Square if you're not.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
I'd look at apartments in both and pick the apt you find that's closest to good public transit.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
I'm biased b/c I live in LS, but the strip of Lincoln Ave between Lawrence and Montrose has something for everybody (bars, rests, music, etc.) It tends to attract a bit of a more mature crowd than say, Wrigleyville and there are tons of families with kids. But, there's a pretty vibrant nightlife for singles as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: