Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times

Advertisements

Rahm=Tea Party or Republican?
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
NO. Maybe influenced by President Clinton who did tack more moderately after his '92 mid term shellacking. President Clinton also sought advice from and had an adviser in David Gergen who had worked for 3 previous Republican administration.

And why do we need to label everything in absolute terms? Don't you have the ability to analyze and think in shades of gray?

Oh, and in book I read by David Gergen, we came close to National Health Care Reform during Clinton's first term. If he had backed away from universal coverage, Bob Dole had the Republican votes to pass a large reform package.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:27 AM

47 posts, read 86,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Rahm=Tea Party or Republican?
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
NO.

And why do we need to label everything in absolute terms? Don't you have the ability to analyze and think in shades of gray?
I am analyzing! The lame-brain "label" would be to mindlessly call Rahm a "liberal Democrat". NO.

However, when you ANALYZE what he stands for, it's eerily similar to the Tea Party: pro-war against Iran (no cuts there), domestic fiscal discipline, austerity/spending cuts, he's taking on unions...plus, he sends his kids to private HS, and they also attended conservative religious school, and Rahm himself is an ultra-religious conservative/believer too. I guess the only place where he's not TP is he's gonna raise our taxes, and as someone else pointed out, he favors the police state, cameras, etc.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 AM

3,697 posts, read 4,998,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branch28 View Post
I am analyzing! The lame-brain "label" would be to mindlessly call Rahm a "liberal Democrat". NO.

However, when you ANALYZE what he stands for, it's eerily similar to the Tea Party: pro-war against Iran (no cuts there), domestic fiscal discipline, austerity/spending cuts, he's taking on unions...plus, he sends his kids to private HS, and they also attended conservative religious school, and Rahm himself is an ultra-religious conservative/believer too. I guess the only place where he's not TP is he's gonna raise our taxes, and as someone else pointed out, he favors the police state, cameras, etc.
Do you even live in this city? His foreign policy is his own....he is not the President, a member of Congress or cabinet. This ain't California or Michigan. The kind of democrat that wins elections here will be favorable to unions, but will not be totally owned by them. We elect pro business democrats. It is expected that he push back.

He may send his kids to school wherever he wants; most of the private schools in Chicago are Catholic esp. on the high school level. There are very few protestant ones and I don’t think I have ever heard of one that would be labeled Conservative Protestant Christian (i.e. run by say a Southern Baptist not a Lutheran). If anything that raises him in my estimation cause the CPS has some very good magnet schools with limited enrolment, he could have just pulled some strings and had his kid placed there.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Do you even live in this city?

He may send his kids to school wherever he wants; most of the private schools in Chicago are Catholic esp. on the high school level. There are very few protestant ones and I don’t think I have ever heard of one that would be labeled Conservative Protestant Christian (i.e. run by say a Southern Baptist not a Lutheran). If anything that raises him in my estimation cause the CPS has some very good magnet schools with limited enrolment, he could have just pulled some strings and had his kid placed there.
Me? Do you live in the city? What are you talking about Catholic, Protestant, etc.??? Rahm sent his kids to Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School. If they had grades 9-12, he probably would've kept them there, instead of choosing another (private) HS.

Rahm is religious and takes it very seriously. He rejects secularists and atheists when it comes to his own family's life. He's very Tea Party-like, although he'd never admit it. When it comes to Israel, he's very Far Right, and not liberal at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Don't you live in the suburbs or Indiana or something? Did you live in the city at the time of the mayoral elections, or are you making stuff up to troll across multiple threads?
I live near the "Beauty Bar", a place where jwaiter goes and his supposed lawyer buddy "with 5 kids" hangs out and drinks. 1444 W. Chicago Avenue. Lol! "With the help of local partners Mode Carpentry the "Beauty Bar" space was transformed into a luxurious, swanky time capsule of big hair, pink nails and dry martinis." LOL!!!!!!!! A-ha ha ha ha...!! Hilarious! Comical! Keep on making fun of those Indiana fathers with families, and make fun of those suburbanites too....gee, 'cause they aren't single hanging out at the "Beauty Bar" pink-nails hipster place near dumpy Ashland Ave. in their Thirties. Hehe....LOL!

Last edited by branch28; 10-11-2012 at 01:27 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I live near the "Beauty Bar", a place where jwaiter goes and his supposed lawyer buddy "with 5 kids" hangs out and drinks. 1444 W. Chicago Avenue. Lol! "With the help of local partners Mode Carpentry the "Beauty Bar" space was transformed into a luxurious, swanky time capsule of big hair, pink nails and dry martinis." LOL!!!!!!!! A-ha ha ha ha...!! Hilarious! Comical! Keep on making fun of those Indiana fathers with families, and make fun of those suburbanites too....gee, 'cause they aren't single hanging out at the "Beauty Bar" pink-nails hipster place near dumpy Ashland Ave. in their Thirties. Hehe....LOL!
What does that have to do with this post?

Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with this post?
I was speaking to ChiNaan.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:11 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Don't you have the ability to analyze and think in shades of gray?
You mean as everyone on this thread besides you is doing?

Old 10-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branch28 View Post
Keep on making fun of those Indiana fathers with families, and make fun of those suburbanites too....
I'm not making fun of them in any way whatsoever. I mistakenly thought you were in that category because you defend them so feverishly while insulting urbanists. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
You mean as everyone on this thread besides you is doing?
Hey, Mr. reading comprehension! That comment about thinking in shades of gray was NOT directed at you. What IS your problem?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Hey, Mr. reading comprehension! That comment about thinking in shades of gray was NOT directed at you.
It needn't be directed at me. If it was directed at anyone other than yourself (in which case you could have thought it to yourself without posting it), my point stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago