Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 07:46 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,785,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Oh I guess 9/11 or OKC doesn't count then.
Do thousands of Americans day every year from those events? Do you even read my posts before replying?

And please explain how a bomb or grenade was used on 9/11

Last edited by chitownperson; 12-16-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Lol, just because you're not comfortable doesn't mean everyone else is going to follow. You seem like your opinion is the only one that matters and anyone that challenges you, you have to prove them wrong.
You might be completely comfortable with the massacre of children in exchange for your right to own a gun and that's your right, but what does that say about you. I see, so because I don't agree with you, you think that I undervalue others opinions? Wrong, I disagree with your your desire to own guns and the death of children you are willing to trade for that right.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
If you have a gun ban it would do more harm then good. You know how many people would fight or find a way to keep there guns. Then those people find out who doesn't have a gun and the target practice begins.
You can say that to yourself as many times as you want, but it doesn't mean it's true.

As it stands, we've tried having guns as a legal part of society and thousands of lives are lost every year, yet there are still many that support that. Do you know what the defection of stupidity is? Doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result.

It's time for a change.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
**Attention all 300 million gun owners in the US, please give up your gun or guns. After you do you will not be able to own another one...EVER!**

Well that's easy enough, problem solved.
I expect over simplifications, but this takes it to a whole knew level. I suppose your motto is, "add millions more guns to the US, and give 5 year olds handguns and that will solve gun violence".

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Taoism:

"The more laws and edicts are imposed, the more thieves and bandits there will be."
And you are quoting Daoist scriptures from what century? Under what exact context? Trying to apply it to what context?

Again, please go live in Sudan and let up know how life in your lawless society is.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:38 PM

25 posts, read 30,303 times
Congratulation, Illinois. Welcome to the club, and I mean that. It won't become the Wild West up there; it hasn't down here in Texas.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 PM

968 posts, read 2,665,690 times
it will be a while before there's a concealed carry in Illinois .. and , when it comes, I'm betting It will not be an 'automatic, comes with a FOID' privilege, there will be more court challenges ... debates over the internet about the language of the statute ( witness the millions of pages of drivel over what 'shall issue' should mean in other forums ..) .. It will be like those states that, while they have laws on the books, actually obtaining a permit is VERY difficult and time consuming .. Wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some sort of mandatory Liability insurance clause as well ... One court decision will not settle this issue .

Old 12-16-2012, 09:30 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryMack View Post
Congratulation, Illinois. Welcome to the club, and I mean that. It won't become the Wild West up there; it hasn't down here in Texas.
If you do it in Texas that's a pretty good argument for not doing it in Illinois.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownperson View Post
Do thousands of Americans day every year from those events? Do you even read my posts before replying?

And please explain how a bomb or grenade was used on 9/11
You must mean the explosives that were in the WTC

Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownperson View Post
You might be completely comfortable with the massacre of children in exchange for your right to own a gun and that's your right, but what does that say about you. I see, so because I don't agree with you, you think that I undervalue others opinions? Wrong, I disagree with your your desire to own guns and the death of children you are willing to trade for that right.
That's quite a jump lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago