Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,080,512 times

Advertisements

Aren't the aldermen considered "law enforcement" officers and can therefore carry?

Kind of makes you wonder why they are so anti-gun, yet they feel entitled to not only own one, but to carry one.

Even if Illinois passed concealed carry, I don't see Chicago going along with it just like L.A and NYC.

Concealed carry is not an attempt to lower the crime rate, it's about personal protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:05 PM

62 posts, read 129,934 times
Chicago will probably make it near impossible to get a license.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 PM

622 posts, read 1,196,327 times
Perhaps. But since the court is saying that it's a legal right we have, the city would likely be faced with lawsuits if they put up unreasonable hoops to jump through.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
It doesn't beg the question, it raises it.

As soon as this is worked out I will legally carry a revolving pistol.
Doh, and speaking of pwned...guilty as charged.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Crime will dramatically drop in Englewood.

Englewood will resemble Winnetka, and unicorns will prance along on the corner of 63rd and Halsted

Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,785,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post

The anti-gun bunch are a pretty docile and sad lot. They truly believe that no human being should be allowed to own or carry one, unless you are a criminal, politician or police officer. They don't believe that anyone else has the intellect or emotional stability to own a gun. Makes sense, huh?
I don't believe the "anti-gun bunch" think that nobody should be able to own a gun other than criminals, positions and the police. Most anti-gun people are anti-guns BECAUSE criminals have guns, and want laws to make it harder for criminals to purchase guns. A lot of anti-gun people believe that there are too many variables that go wrong due to gun ownership, wether its legal or illegally owned. It's not always that black and white.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMayBeMaybeNot View Post
Chicago will probably make it near impossible to get a license.
Nah, it'll be like the handgun registration. A couple hoops with plenty of recurring fees for the 'privilege.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownperson View Post
I don't believe the "anti-gun bunch" think that nobody should be able to own a gun other than criminals, positions and the police. Most anti-gun people are anti-guns BECAUSE criminals have guns, and want laws to make it harder for criminals to purchase guns. A lot of anti-gun people believe that there are too many variables that go wrong due to gun ownership, wether its legal or illegally owned. It's not always that black and white.
Yeah, too bad there's already millions out there floating around.

Hell, cocaine, cannabis and heroin is already illegal, and the law is doing a bang up job keeping America drug-free.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,800 times
I think Hell just froze over

It's about freaking time!!!

That said the world ends in 10 days according to the Mayans

Id carry while you can, they wont have much of a case to convict you on an overturned unconstitutional law

Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 PM

190 posts, read 315,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
Most of the people that I know that are excited about conceal carry are the folks that have a loaded gun laying around their apartment when people come over, show off their guns while drinking, and spend more money on holsters then a safe. AKA the people that shouldnt be allowed to own guns in the first place.

You would never know if I owned a gun, as it would be secured and hidden at all times and I wouldnt be bragging about it.
haha, right?

so many hotheaded vigilantes ready to hit the streets with their piece.

listen, i'm not vehemently against conceal carry, but that narrative that this is going to dramatically lower crime and save us all is so over the top it's laughable.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,785,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post

Yeah, too bad there's already millions out there floating around.

Hell, cocaine, cannabis and heroin is already illegal, and the law is doing a bang up job keeping America drug-free.
Yeah, it IS too bad there are millions, but recent articles have shown that a large percentage of illegal handguns in Chicago were purchased from legal owners who purchased them legally in the suburbs, so legalising guns and pouring onto the already existing mountain isn't exactly working. I understand that a huge amount of Americans would never agree to a nationwide ban for civilians, but its the only realistic long term solution for reducing the amount of guns falling into the wrong hands. Adding millions more guns to the current stock pile isn't doing to reduce guns in the US.

Imagine the astronomical increase of hard drug users if the government were to legalise it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago