Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 PM

140 posts, read 183,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
He's a troll. He was banned today, so he signed up under a new username attempting to continue to hijack every thread with white supremacist stuff. Ignore him until he can be banned again.
So I'm being thrown under the bus people I have a different view than you! Also this is my only account so you're full of drivel. I have never been to this site before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanFox View Post
You need to read the book, The Bell Curve, by Charles Murray.
I have read it. It is essentially junk science.

Bell Curve itself and invite readers to review the primary source material themselves. Herrnstein and Murray’s assessment of race and class differences, while not inherently illogical, rest on 4 very questionable premises which they simply do not discuss much less defend.

They assume that intelligence must be:

(1) depictable as a single number;
(2) capable of rank ordering people in a linear order;
(3) primarily genetically based; and
(4) essentially immutable.

There are many other flaws in their logic, but these premises are simply not supportable. First, biology supports the fact that there are many different forms of intelligence and that the IQ test does not measure them at all.

IQ tests are 'fundamentally flawed' and using them alone to measure intelligence is a 'fallacy', study finds - Science - News - The Independent

Quote:
Studies over the past 50 years based on IQ tests have suggested that there could be inherent differences in intelligence between racial groups, social classes and between men and women, but these conclusions are undermined by the latest findings.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:18 PM

140 posts, read 183,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I have read it. It is essentially junk science.

Bell Curve itself and invite readers to review the primary source material themselves. Herrnstein and Murray’s assessment of race and class differences, while not inherently illogical, rest on 4 very questionable premises which they simply do not discuss much less defend.

They assume that intelligence must be:

(1) depictable as a single number;
(2) capable of rank ordering people in a linear order;
(3) primarily genetically based; and
(4) essentially immutable.

There are many other flaws in their logic, but these premises are simply not supportable. First, biology supports the fact that there are many different forms of intelligence and that the IQ test does not measure them at all.

IQ tests are 'fundamentally flawed' and using them alone to measure intelligence is a 'fallacy', study finds - Science - News - The Independent
You call it progress, I'd call it lack of instinct.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanFox View Post
I'm talking about how people on this site deny science and pretend like race doesn't play a role in the way someone acts. Studies have shown that blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims are more likely to commit violent crimes than whites.
Muslim is a race?
Reminds me of when I told someone I was Buddhist and they said; "Funny, you dont look buddhist"

Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 PM

192 posts, read 324,349 times
Are the crowds that go to the Boystown bars/clubs diverse?

Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamedown View Post
Are the crowds that go to the Boystown bars/clubs diverse?
Good question,

There are a hand full of clubs that attracts a diverse group on the weekends. Most of them don't. Spins and Roscoes are the ones known for a more diverse crowd but still mostly white and not a reflection of the city as a whole.

As I've written before, most professional gay black men don't spend money in boys town. I don't know if the racial divide is a Chicago thing or a big city thing. When researching other major cities, much has been written about racism in the gay community.

Some tend to think personal preferences of attraction are taken too far through social media. Some bkacks take issues with whites who think gay is the new black when the gay blacks know different. And of course there are cultural differences as well. Go to any of the clubs in boys town and take a trip to club escape on the south side. Totally different energy. Kinda like black church white church thing.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,993 times
OK...LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE:

Police: Quick work by sergeant nabs robbery suspects - chicagotribune.com

"The three and an unidentified accomplice approached a man and began hitting him until he fell to the ground at about 12:45 a.m. as the victim was trying to hail a cab on Sheffield Avenue near Belmont Avenue, the release stated."

Ok so now all of those who tried to say that we are racist for trying to raise awareness of a crime problem in Lakeview/Boystown are permanently PWNED forever. Please delete your accounts and log off the innernettes forever!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
Ok so now all of those who tried to say that we are racist for trying to raise awareness of a crime problem in Lakeview/Boystown are permanently PWNED forever.
Yes, of course, the fact that a crime occurred in a neighborhood means you're not a racist.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
OK...LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE:

Police: Quick work by sergeant nabs robbery suspects - chicagotribune.com

"The three and an unidentified accomplice approached a man and began hitting him until he fell to the ground at about 12:45 a.m. as the victim was trying to hail a cab on Sheffield Avenue near Belmont Avenue, the release stated."

Ok so now all of those who tried to say that we are racist for trying to raise awareness of a crime problem in Lakeview/Boystown are permanently PWNED forever. Please delete your accounts and log off the innernettes forever!
Who are we?

Do you think all Blacks commit crimes?

Racism is caused by ignorance not crime.

I don't think you can tell posters to delete their accounts because of disagreement. What is an innernettes?

If there was 0 crime in Lakeview, there would still be racism. They are not linked.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,993 times
MJT - I agree that the crimes are not linked to racism, but my post was not about race. It was about the fact that the Belmont Corridor, from Shelffield to Halsted, has become dangerous at night (and during the day at times too). Whereas, in the past, people here in this forum where trying to tell me that I was imagining all of it. This link I posted is an example of the types of criminal events that were taking place nightly, when I lived there.

Innernettes - just a funny way of saying "internet".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago