Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times

Advertisements

My bad man. The Baptists are definitely well represented in Chicago in the African-American community. No doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
This is one of the most euro-centric threads I've ever read on here, in my opinion.

With all due respect, did you really not mention Baptists in Chicago AT ALL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM

344 posts, read 841,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Rural indiana is in your face, Indianapolis is not. Evefy locale will have its zealots about anything but religious fervor between the two arent all that different from what I can personally tell and i've lived in both for the same amount of time. Chicago is blue and indy is fiscally conservative. There is a difference between being conservative and being fiscally conservative. I think both are becoming more atheist as i've seen imo more and more people turn away from the church or turn to less than traditional religions like jehovah's witness and their relentless door to door campaigns.
WRONG
you cant see it for the trees
as i mentioned, i am from philly
compared to rural yadda yadda, its not in your face
compared to philly or anywhere educated-land, indy IS in your face

Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM

I think to sum up most of our responses to your question....you should do fine in Chicago. While it is not the East Coast, just about anyone I know from the East Coast that has spent any time in Chicago whether for a visit or for relocation has never complained about religion being in-your-face in Chicago. Matter of fact, they praised the fact that you can find a lot of East Coast-type amenities (great public transit, culture, etc.) in Chicago at a fraction of the price, with less of the neurotic types of the East & cleaner streets. The main drawbacks for them is that Chicago is obviously not along the powerful Northeast Corridor, so you pretty much have to fly to get back East. Also, Chicago is not always going to have the same level of career opportunities at the higher-end that NYC (business, fashion, media, etc.) & DC (politics) is going to have.

But in terms of your religion concerns, you cannot go wrong with Chicago lol. It does not function like a Bible Belt city. If you are very religious, great. If you are casually religious, cool. If you are an atheist, knock yourself out. We have all kinds of people in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent_of_old View Post
WRONG
you cant see it for the trees
as i mentioned, i am from philly
compared to rural yadda yadda, its not in your face
compared to philly or anywhere educated-land, indy IS in your face

Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I think to sum up most of our responses to your question....you should do fine in Chicago. While it is not the East Coast, just about anyone I know from the East Coast that has spent any time in Chicago whether for a visit or for relocation has never complained about religion being in-your-face in Chicago. Matter of fact, they praised the fact that you can find a lot of East Coast-type amenities (great public transit, culture, etc.) in Chicago at a fraction of the price, with less of the neurotic types of the East & cleaner streets. The main drawbacks for them is that Chicago is obviously not along the powerful Northeast Corridor, so you pretty much have to fly to get back East. Also, Chicago is not always going to have the same level of career opportunities at the higher-end that NYC (business, fashion, media, etc.) & DC (politics) is going to have.

But in terms of your religion concerns, you cannot go wrong with Chicago lol. It does not function like a Bible Belt city. If you are very religious, great. If you are casually religious, cool. If you are an atheist, knock yourself out. We have all kinds of people in Chicago.
awesome
awesome
awesome
thank you so much!
i mean it!
genuine, direct, on topic!
kudos

Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM

6 posts, read 4,114 times
OP I would recommend you move to Country Club Hills. Very diverse, upscale stores, and an award winning high school.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee_ View Post
OP I would recommend you move to Country Club Hills. Very diverse, upscale stores, and an award winning high school.
i will check it out
thanks so much

Old 02-19-2013, 12:39 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times
Quote:
i will check it out
thanks so much
"Deechee_" is a troll. A mock account for a poster Deechee who hasn't posted in at least a year. There have been a number of mock Deechee accounts..

Not one of those three statements are true. CC Hills does have a state of the art AMC movie theater with IMAX and the largest Walmart in Chicagoland. Pretty nice. But no, there's no "upscale shopping" - although Tinley Park is just a skip and a hop away. Residents in CC Hills are like 85% black and the schools aren't award-winning.. This troll is trying to make fun of Deechee and trash CC Hills..

Flossmoor and Homewood are also in very close proximity to CC Hills. And I think these villages are closer to what you seek..

Old 02-19-2013, 02:20 AM

I also assumed that Deechee_ was trolling. Now I'm sure that Country Club Hills isn't a bad place by any means. If I'm not mistaken, it's a fairly desirable destination for folks in the south suburban African-American community, but something tells me it's not really what the OP is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
"Deechee_" is a troll. A mock account for a poster Deechee who hasn't posted in at least a year. There have been a number of mock Deechee accounts..

Not one of those three statements are true. CC Hills does have a state of the art AMC movie theater with IMAX and the largest Walmart in Chicagoland. Pretty nice. But no, there's no "upscale shopping" - although Tinley Park is just a skip and a hop away. Residents in CC Hills are like 85% black and the schools aren't award-winning.. This troll is trying to make fun of Deechee and trash CC Hills..

Flossmoor and Homewood are also in very close proximity to CC Hills. And I think these villages are closer to what you seek..

Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM

100 posts, read 123,912 times
Quote:
its even common here that people dim the lights and do entire office prayer in major corporations!!!! like wtf
its extremely offensive and unconstitutional at best
The above is not unconstitutional.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 AM

100 posts, read 148,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Chicago is definately protected from God. Just look at all the murders and corruption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul89 View Post
say what?

have you ever read the old testament?

god loved murdering.
LMMFAO!!! Seriously!! Loved it more than anyone else of all time...I believe the number is around 2,552,452 24,712,019...give or take a few
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago