Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,033 times

Advertisements

I would like suggestions on how to get from Midway to Hotel Indigo. Arriving Saturday ay 11 am.
Google travel says to take the Orange Line to the Red Line. I'm not too worried about safety since I will be with my big football player son but want I to get opinions on the best and safest way to get to our hotel. We leave Sunday at 3 pm so we'll probably go back to the airport the same way get to our hotel Saturday. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JLS68; 04-22-2013 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,981,806 times
The route on CTA is safe but rather time consuming -- figure at least 3x as much time via CTA as via a taxi (20 mminutes vs an hour). Of course a taxi for two is approx 10x more costly than the CTA. The Clark & Division stop is about two block from the Indigo. Very residential area on that stretch of Dearborn and there are generally shops / resturants open along Division open all weekend.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 PM

15,331 posts, read 23,776,398 times
1) There's nothing to be worried about for safety at ALL, especially on Saturday at 11am. Hopefully you are not one to buy into that Chicago is actually a dangerous city all over or even in most neighborhoods. The area near Hotel Indigo is hilarious because the red line stop you need to get off at is near a bunch of crappy college bars, but in either direction are expensive apartments and multi million dollar condos and mansions near Hotel Indigo (original Playboy mansion is near there).

2) Orange Line to Red Line to Hotel Indigo is the easiest route. You have two options...you can either ride to the Roosevelt stop and transfer to the Red Line there, or you can stay on for a little longer and ride to State and Lake and get off there. With the State and Lake route, you'll get to see a little more of the western part of the Loop because the Red Line is a subway, while Orange line is elevated.

In both cases, you will need to go out of the station and follow the signs to the red line because it's a subway. In the Loop, transfers are free with the train pass, and I'm not sure if the Roosevelt station actually counts for that, but the State and Lake station definitely does.

In any case, saturday morning at 11am? You could be an 80 year old elderly guy and on average there's nothing to worry about.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 PM

126 posts, read 206,685 times
You don't have to leave the station at Roosevelt. You just need to go down 3 levels, and you're on the red line platform. I'm pretty sure there are elevators for all the descents.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:43 PM

15,331 posts, read 23,776,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahk View Post
You don't have to leave the station at Roosevelt. You just need to go down 3 levels, and you're on the red line platform. I'm pretty sure there are elevators for all the descents.
Should have specified more..I meant you have to go to another platform than the one you get off for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: