Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Hyde Park is booming!

I was talking to a Lincoln Parker who thought it was so random for Akira to open a flagship store in Hyde Park. He couldn't believe that Whole Foods where opening a new store at 53rd and Lake Park.

I really hope that Chicago could outgrow some of their neighborhood prejudices and the city could come together and become a true international gem.
dang theres like 4 different whole foods all like a mile from each other in fact one of them is the 3rd largest in the world.well at least on the northside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 10:05 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
dang theres like 4 different whole foods all like a mile from each other in fact one of them is the 3rd largest in the world.well at least on the northside
I know about the one on Ashland and School. Then there is the other one on Halsted. Of course the one in I think River North and the huge one in South Loop on Roosevelt. Now Hyde Park is opening next year. What other ones are close to the ones mentioned?

Old 04-27-2013, 10:28 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
I know about the one on Ashland and School. Then there is the other one on Halsted. Of course the one in I think River North and the huge one in South Loop on Roosevelt. Now Hyde Park is opening next year. What other ones are close to the ones mentioned?
I think i worded it wrong i was talking about the ones on the northside. Really happy their opening up one on the southside. Cant wait to move back to chicago!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:44 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Hyde Park is booming!

I was talking to a Lincoln Parker who thought it was so random for Akira to open a flagship store in Hyde Park. He couldn't believe that Whole Foods where opening a new store at 53rd and Lake Park.

I really hope that Chicago could outgrow some of their neighborhood prejudices and the city could come together and become a true international gem.
Oh yeah...Harper Court and all that too..53rd street development. Is The Promontory (restaurant) open yet? Good stuff...

Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,046 times
This thread was unnecessary. This is one of the best boards in regards to humility and lack of boosterism. There's no reason to shove anything in anyones face. BRG is alone in what he does, and he's terrible at it too. Starting a thread like this makes you no better than him.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Revival View Post
Yeah..Downtown, Northside, and South Loop are booming, what about the Southside & the Westside?
South Loop is on the South Side, as are Hyde Park, Bridgeport, and Bronzeville.

Logan Square, West Town (including Ukrainian Village and East Humboldt Park), Wicker Park, Bucktown, University Village, West Loop, and Pilsen are on the West Side.

These areas are all doing pretty well.

You could have figured this out with a google search and/or a little experience living in Chicago, yet you apparently haven't done either, which makes me wonder why you're taking the time to post here.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM

10 posts, read 14,287 times
I remember eating lunch at the First Chicago Plaza (next to the chagall mosaic) in the Eighties. We used to call it the beaver pit. I am telling you point blank, that there were more people there then, than today, and downtown today has lost a step in "buzz" to what it once was. Girls aren't as good-looking today either. I see downtown Chicago today as depressed, mentally, physically, and culturally. There aren't any good legit happening happy hour scenes either. Homeless, bums, slobs, poverty, and obesity everywhere. I'm amazed at how many people still smoke cigarettes. Seriously, downtown Chicago isn't what it once was. One of the links above is from "joe zekas" and his blog isn't honest, it's shill stuff paid for by RE developers, it's not an honest news source

Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 AM

10 posts, read 14,287 times
PS Who says Logan Sq. is doing well? Milwaukee Ave from Western to Addison (in Avondale) is probably 35% vacant, with ugly vacant storefronts and thrift stores everywhere. Go see that megamall thing on Milwaukee Ave. For every "revolution brewing" there's 4 times more vacant crap, and the rest is furniture/mattress stores, dollar stores, thrift stores, carnecerias, Aldis, cell phone stores, and there's even some botanica/voodoo shops, it's not doing well at all. Those who want to try and disagree and whine about my comment, need to DRIVE the corridor themselves and LOOK and SEE first, before they shoot their mouths off about what they don't know first-hand. Vacancies tell the story. Tons of them.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcheese View Post
Girls aren't as good-looking today either.
Translation: Girls who will give chuckcheese the time of day aren't as good-looking today either.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcheese View Post
PS Who says Logan Sq. is doing well?
Probably anyone who as been there this year, had been there 7-10 years ago, and has working eyeballs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago