Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:53 PM

319 posts, read 1,250,194 times

Advertisements

i wasn't arguing over tiny details... i was voicing my opinion regarding the topic at hand! biting tongue...:P

Old 10-31-2007, 04:54 PM

conde nast is an extreme case!! not all new yorkers are that extreme. but overall i do find them more health conscious and of average/lower weight. new yorkers tend to walk more, whereas in chicago more people seem to drive.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:17 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_cate View Post
conde nast is an extreme case!! not all new yorkers are that extreme. but overall i do find them more health conscious and of average/lower weight. new yorkers tend to walk more, whereas in chicago more people seem to drive.
New york is also filled with beautiful people from all over the world because it has so many models. Plus I am wondering what internal damages are they doing to themselves by cooking in water and eating less than how many calories they take in.
More important. I live in the NW suburbs and I can't help but think man so many beautiful women. Sure their are stuck up babes but many more women who could care less of what you look like and want you to be with them. That is a good thing.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:26 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Oh, this is such utter bull. You should be ashamed.

I'm 5'11, I weigh 125 lbs, and most of the women I know are of my build.

I have never noticed any difference in NYC, Los Angeles or San Francisco. People are people everywhere. The only place that has a monopoly on attractive people is Montreal.

Secondly, the overwhelming majority of women I work with have gym memberships that they use. And they use them extensively. Chicago really does have a monopoly in this nation on businesswomen, and we tend to dress better, live more independently, and in general men are a less important part of life. I think that is why men in Chicago tend to be more put off-- the better women are wealthier and can demand far more equal footing.

Other than that, what in the name of God is wrong with people to the extent that they would come up with something so obtuse like this thread? Even the presumption that you or anyone else can make some sort of blanket statement like "Women in Chicago..."

How about men in Chicago? Or do men really not understand that they too are judged?

Last edited by mdz; 10-31-2007 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: like it or not, this is a pg-13 board. no bull**** please

Old 10-31-2007, 06:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-iron View Post
How are the women in Chicago Friendly ? approachable ? stuck-up? I know everyones unique but please share experiences
women in chicago are very very good looking.
the fact that my mom lived there a long time does not
influence my judgement in anyway as to this matter.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:04 AM

i was just stating an observation. i am a woman. i do not think everyone here is unhealthy, that's a sweeping generalization. i was stating my observations, having lived and worked in nyc for my life up until this point, overall the kinds of foods that people eat at work, bring to work, etc. wouldn't fly in nyc for the most part - of COURSE depends on industry - i worked in creative/mktg for book/magazine publishing. obviously there are exceptions either way. i also feel that in nyc more people walk places, it's much more possible to live without a car. it's possible here, but the cta is nothing close to the mta in terms of its efficiency. i walked a LOT more in nyc. i always took subway/bus. here i do drive once in a while on weekends but not during the week. again, i'm just stating my observations. i'm not saying all women in chicago are x. that would be absurd. i was just saying something i notice. i belong to a gym so obviously i see many other women there. argh. i've also worked for companies that differ from conde nast - but overall just seems different from my experience so far... i'm not ashamed - i'm just being blunt. i'll stop now.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Default Chicago women are gorgeous and of average weight!!!

Sorry I have to enter this inane discussion... But I feel the need to defend my beautiful Chicagoland sisters....

If we're going to perpetuate a stereotype, we should look at statistics.
The CDC Fatest State Rankings (yes, there is such a thing - see link below) ranked Illinois as the 23rd fattest state. That is about as average as you get.

Mississippi repeats as fattest state, Colorado as leanest (CalorieLab Calorie Counter News)

The cool thing about many Chicago women is that they don't seem as obsessed about being stick thin - just healthy. I think that's more attractive. In my office, there were many women (including myself) who just ran the Chicago Marathon (one of the biggest Marathons in the U.S.). It's kind of hard to train for that if you eat pizza and ice cream all day at work.

BTW, when I attended an Illinois university with Cindy Crawford, the N.Y. agencies thought she was too fat to model.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 11-01-2007 at 11:38 AM..

Old 11-01-2007, 02:47 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
hmmm I have to agree... lots of overweight girls here... I lived in Florida by the coast all my life and some time in Europe before coming here so might be biased... But the girls as an average were much better looking there, and also pretty laid back. There are of course, hot ones... but the % wise is quite a bit less. Its okay and all, but really just not my thing as I am pretty athletic myself, don't need a beer guzzling girl with a gut, that can't keep up with me.
This is the bread basket of america though.

This also goes for guys though too ^^^ before I get critiqued... just not quite as healthy is all. so I guess majority of people match up for eachother.

Last edited by grapico; 11-01-2007 at 02:59 PM..

Old 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
I honestly don't know what all this "overweight girls" talk is about. In the city? I just don't see it. Maybe in the burbs.

In fact, many girls in the city are too skinny for me. Shapeless. Curveless. I guess it depends on where you are. I'll just say that I rarely ride the el for more than a few stops without falling in love at LEAST twice.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I honestly don't know what all this "overweight girls" talk is about. In the city? I just don't see it. Maybe in the burbs.

In fact, many girls in the city are too skinny for me. Shapeless. Curveless. I guess it depends on where you are. I'll just say that I rarely ride the el for more than a few stops without falling in love at LEAST twice.
LOL

Id have to agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago