Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,560,460 times

Advertisements

I don't fault him for not coming back, it's a little weak but I don't care that much because this just isn't the year.

I will say this, Rose was never a very skilled player, he's an average shooter with poor court vision. What made him so good was his explosive no fear ability to get to the rim and I don't think we'll ever see that player again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 AM

575 posts, read 610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
I hate this logic. The odds are the Bears will not win the bowl this season, does that mean we should sit out Cutler, Marshall, and Forte until we have the perfect team?

Rose is cleared to come back, the doctor that did the surgey said his knee is stronger then the other one. Its a mental game right now, and apparently he isnt strong enough mentally to get back into a game.
Rose is the franchise. This is a potentially career limiting injury some come back fine, others are never the same. If he thinks he needs until next season to be ready, it's stupid to rush him.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 AM

1,953 posts, read 4,941,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
Rose is the franchise. This is a potentially career limiting injury some come back fine, others are never the same. If he thinks he needs until next season to be ready, it's stupid to rush him.
His injury has been 100% healed for months. His own doctor has said that he is not continuing the rehab as he was instructed. If he is not ready now, what makes you think that he will be ready next season?

Rose is the face of the franchise, but he is not good enough to carry a team. He is a slightly above average shooter, a decent PG, and has exceptional driving abilities. Just because we have been stuck with Ronbinson and Hinrich at the guard doesnt mean we should put him on the pedestal. It will be a welcome to get him back, and he can be a good long term player, but the dude needs to mature.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM

31,891 posts, read 34,405,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
I'm not a Bulls fan, but he deserves much better than this from you Bulls fans. He has had the history of being a humble player that is all about passion and wanting to do anything to win. You guys just don't know how good you have it. You got lucky to even land this guy with a 1.7% chance in the 2008 Draft, a hometown kid who wants to win for the city. In such a short time (and by short I mean in his 3rd season) he took the Bulls to the ECF. In his 4th season, if it wasn't for the horrific injury, I could've seen them back in the ECF again (or further). He's missed his entire 5th season, could he have come back? Maybe. But I think that ship has sailed now. No player can just come in during the NBA Playoffs and expect to contribute after having sat out one whole year. I get that some of you fans want him to try because half the team is injured/sick, while he's somewhat healthy, but in his mind he isn't healthy. For what he's already given and for the kind of player he is, I think he deserves some trust. This kid doesn't get in trouble, he isn't cocky or arrogant, he's always been humble, I honestly can't think of a better star to have on a team.

He'll be back next season. I think that's something you fans can definitely look forward to.
This post is 100% on point.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 AM

31,891 posts, read 34,405,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
Rose is the face of the franchise, but he is not good enough to carry a team. He is a slightly above average shooter, a decent PG, and has exceptional driving abilities. Just because we have been stuck with Ronbinson and Hinrich at the guard doesnt mean we should put him on the pedestal. It will be a welcome to get him back, and he can be a good long term player, but the dude needs to mature.
Cool. Trade him to the Sixers. We'll take him.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,730,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Derrick.
I'm glad somebody is trying to help these fools. :shakes head:

Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
... Rose was never a very skilled player, he's an average shooter
Derrick Rose's career stats and awards:

Rose's NBA career shooting average: 47%
NBA League shooting average: 45%

Rose's NBA career free-throw average: 81%
NBA League free-throw average: 75%

NBA All-Rookie First Team (2009)
NBA Rookie of The Year (2009)
NBA Most Valuable Player (2011)
All-NBA 1st Team (2011)
3-time NBA All-Star (2010, 2011, 2012)

Illinois Mr. Basketball (2007)

Never very skilled... he's average. Really Bro?

Last edited by Just1Fan; 05-06-2013 at 11:41 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,560,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Derrick Rose's career stats and awards:

Rose's pro career shooting average: 47%
NBA League shooting average: 45%

NBA All-Rookie First Team (2009)
NBA Rookie of The Year (2009)
NBA Most Valuable Player (2011)
All-NBA 1st Team (2011)
3-time NBA All-Star (2010, 2011, 2012)

Illinois Mr. Basketball (2007)

Never very skilled? Average?
reading comprehension problems? He's an average shooter whose fg% is inflated because he consistently got high percentage looks at the rim which he will no longer get.

he's also a below average passer.

athletic freak. not particularly skilled.

I'm not saying he sucks and he's a quality pg but the best part and most crucial element to his game has been severly handicapped.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:10 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,200,991 times
I would argue that Rose's ability to score and contort his body in mid-air is particularly skillful. He's a scoring point guard and that's what he does well. He had 7.7 assists per game, which is pretty good for his style of play. His shooting numbers would be better if the Bulls had someone else who could create his own shot. Before the injury he could make an open 20 footer, which is all he really needs to do to keep the defense honest.

He's not LeBron but his skill level is still high.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
reading comprehension problems? He's an average shooter whose fg% is inflated because he consistently got high percentage looks at the rim which he will no longer get.

he's also a below average passer.

athletic freak. not particularly skilled.

I'm not saying he sucks and he's a quality pg but the best part and most crucial element to his game has been severly handicapped.
First of all, if you think Derrick Rose is an average shooter, a below average passer, and not particularly skilled, that would fall under the category of... YOUR PROBLEM.

Lastly, the only thing "severely" handicapped here, is you. :chuckles:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago