Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times

Advertisements

That's cool. Is this around Donovan Park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 AM

58 posts, read 125,766 times
Pretty much surrounding the park there along 37th street and Sangamon. Spreading out a few blocks

Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,598 times
I believe that every empty lot between Morgan and Halsted as well as 36th and 38th will be filled in over the next year or two.

Josh,

Did you end up buying a SFH or townhouse?

Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 AM

SFH

I have heard the same regarding the empty lots. That the area from the park south for 3 blocks is going to be pretty much all new in a couple of years (I think there are a few that are going to exist from many years ago but not all that many). We are talking approaching 100 new builds, maybe more, between SFH and townhomes all in a few block radius

I don't think there is a pocket within the city limits getting this much residential construction. It gets almost no attention either.

Which is probably keeping prices between 350k for the most inexpensive townhome to 550k for some of the 3200 sqf sfh

Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Josh View Post
SFH

I have heard the same regarding the empty lots. That the area from the park south for 3 blocks is going to be pretty much all new in a couple of years (I think there are a few that are going to exist from many years ago but not all that many). We are talking approaching 100 new builds, maybe more, between SFH and townhomes all in a few block radius

I don't think there is a pocket within the city limits getting this much residential construction. It gets almost no attention either.

Which is probably keeping prices between 350k for the most inexpensive townhome to 550k for some of the 3200 sqf sfh
That actually may be a good thing.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:

There is. Parts of Lakeview and parts of West Town (i.e. Ukrainian Village/East Village).

Old 09-14-2013, 09:28 PM

4 posts, read 5,435 times
Quote:
I found you can get more, after damn near exhaustive research, for the same money, with Morgan Street Development than with Lexington Homes (the video a few pages back was of Lexington). They seem to be the two prevalent builders in Bridgeport right now
My wife and I have been looking at both SFH developments in Bridgeport--the one by Morgan Street on 37th Street fronting Donovan Park and the other by Lexington on 37th Place. We're torn on the decision. We greatly prefer the exteriors of Morgan Street's houses, and the location across from Donovan Park is great. But really like the layouts and interiors of Lexington's development on 37th Place, and the staff at the sales office has been great. (Although we're not thrilled with being across the alley from a grease rendering plant at Lexington.) We've been trying to do a lot of research on both, but we haven't found much more than this thread. What makes you say that Morgan Street development gives you more for your money? Have you found Morgan Street flexible on the interior layout? And what ultimately made you decide to go with Morgan Street? It would be great to hear form someone who's weighed the pros and cons and actually made a decision.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Personally I think that the idea of having a grease rendering plant anywhere near a home is just too disgusting to contemplate and further have seen so many people burned by broken promises between the sweet talking sales people and phone slamming "customer service" people at mass builders that I could never really stomach dealing with such an outfit...

The existing single family homes around Bridgeport almost certainly afford a superior total value for folks that need to live inside Chicago.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danguba78 View Post
My wife and I have been looking at both SFH developments in Bridgeport--the one by Morgan Street on 37th Street fronting Donovan Park and the other by Lexington on 37th Place. We're torn on the decision. We greatly prefer the exteriors of Morgan Street's houses, and the location across from Donovan Park is great. But really like the layouts and interiors of Lexington's development on 37th Place, and the staff at the sales office has been great. (Although we're not thrilled with being across the alley from a grease rendering plant at Lexington.) We've been trying to do a lot of research on both, but we haven't found much more than this thread. What makes you say that Morgan Street development gives you more for your money? Have you found Morgan Street flexible on the interior layout? And what ultimately made you decide to go with Morgan Street? It would be great to hear form someone who's weighed the pros and cons and actually made a decision.
Started to respond here but opted to send a "direct message" instead. Hopefully it went through as I haven't ever sent one of them and see no sign it actually was delivered

Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Personally I think that the idea of having a grease rendering plant anywhere near a home is just too disgusting to contemplate and further have seen so many people burned by broken promises between the sweet talking sales people and phone slamming "customer service" people at mass builders that I could never really stomach dealing with such an outfit...

The existing single family homes around Bridgeport almost certainly afford a superior total value for folks that need to live inside Chicago.
How about for those that want to live in Chicago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago