Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:14 PM

590 posts, read 1,012,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
Glad you had a great trip again! Definitely put the Blue Line (West Town, Ukrainian Village, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Logan Square, Pilsen etc.) on your agenda for next time. I think you have a great appreciation for Chicago's neighborhoods, and a trip like that will make the city double in size for you.
Thanks for the tip, I'll paste this in my Chicago folder for next time, like I did for the trip to Andersonville and Little Saigon, which was also suggested to me here in this forum. I did part of Wicker Park/Bucktown during my 2009 trip but we just walked from our hotel on Huron to Division then west through Cabrini Green until we reached Milwaukee. I think we quit at North, just couldn't walk further...lol
I actually wanted to see Pilsen and other areas but this time we had to be guide to our friends so we were less adventurous than usual.
Next time blue line, in three trips we took only the red and the brown, so it's time to check something else out.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 09:39 PM

590 posts, read 1,012,829 times
Marothisu, thanks, I will watch the video tomorrow when I get home from work, really appreciated!!

As for bar Toma, I didn't have the pizza because it was the last night and we were all super full after 5 days of serious eating. I had the sliced prosciutto, which was great as it was aged, the calamari, done more like it's done in Italy and not Florida style, so not over breaded and not over fried and the huge Bar Toma salad. Couple of glasses of wine. I will definitely go back next time.

My buddy though had the pizza there and liked it very much.

When the Hawks won that game 6, it was great and yeah, my Italian friends were surprised at seeing all the cars blasting their horns in celebration...they thought people do that stuff only for soccer...lol

I'll put Little India in my things to do for next time, so I can also see something a bit away from the city, as in my first three visit I never got south of Hyde Park or north of Andersonville.
Thank you again!

Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Thanks for sharing! I always love reading your reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago