U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-19-2013, 02:20 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,243,549 times

Advertisements

Link N. Parker has numerous posts around the web about how large "packs" of "wild" blacks are targeting whites in Lakeview. The OP is race obsessed and clearly a second city cop / stormfront reader.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 02:33 PM

736 posts, read 547,717 times
WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! I hang out there (Kit Kat or Roscoes once a week, usually Sundays but occasionally Fridays and Saturdays as well) and have seen plenty of OVERTLY unfriendly and aggressive characters that are there to cause trouble. Even when I lived on Belmont/Sheridan two years ago, I saw the same interlopers (some? most?) who came to cause problems and act like animals. To terrorize. And they were/are very successful. Do you actually think every person complaining about these nightly intimidations (blocking streets, staring and glaring, ugly cat calls), attacks (do you think it's the fault of the locals, that they want to confront or get beaten up by groups of thugs with NOTHING to lose?), and overall high tense atmosphere is just overly sensitive or a Nazi stromtrooper? Or you think there may actually be an issue here??? You're right, and we're all wrong? Is that REALLY the most likely scenario.

OP is absolutely accurate in saying there's a massive problem with violence perpetuated by the ghetto types who do NOT reside there. Granted it's easier to scream racism upon ANY discussion of ghetto violence (especially when whites and other groups are victims), but you're just out of your mind if you think this problem is overblown. Talk to ANY of the residents on Halsted, especially the property owners, and ask how they enjoy their weekend nights. Talk to ANY police officer and ask for firsthand information about the crimes in the area. Or just go down the area in between 11-6 at night, walk along Halsted and to a degree Belmont, and tell us that these groups of glaring, menacing, loud, crass and dead-eyed ghetto types aren't doing any harm to the community. But don't act like there isn't a huge problem there.

Last edited by TBideon; 07-19-2013 at 02:45 PM..

Old 07-19-2013, 03:16 PM

2,918 posts, read 1,821,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
OP is absolutely accurate in saying there's a massive problem with violence perpetuated by the ghetto types who do NOT reside there. Granted it's easier to scream racism upon ANY discussion of ghetto violence (especially when whites and other groups are victims),
It's easy to "scream racism" in response to people who use phrases like "ghetto types" and "white victims" because it's 100% accurate.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:27 PM

736 posts, read 547,717 times
Keep pretending that everyone who says the word 'ghetto' really means 'black'. Fine, I'll concede it's a heated word and gives race-baiters ammunintion to avoid the actual issue and instead get comfy on their high horse of selective political correctness. Let's just call them punks, or thugs, or urban terrorists, or criminals, or bored teens, or angry youth, or how about victims of institutionalized racism and a complicit society that provides obstacles to all forms of growth; thus, they naturally turn to activities such as wildings and bash mobs.

How constructive.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:39 PM

4,054 posts, read 4,386,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
It's easy to "scream racism" in response to people who use phrases like "ghetto types" and "white victims" because it's 100% accurate.
I'll use the term "ghetto types". Call a spade a spade. No one is ever REALLY a victim though. And I don't think Lakeview has very many ghetto types. If a few are there, I might be too distracted by the many types of people I don't see all the time in the south suburbs..

Lakeview has a low crime rate for Chicago and it's one of the most bustling neighborhoods. Perhaps certain posters are getting too old and/or too fearful and should just move to Naperville or something. ChicagoMEO even came close to admitting it was more about her personally than the neighborhood..

Last edited by urza216; 07-19-2013 at 03:58 PM..

Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM

3,236 posts, read 2,409,882 times
First people need to make sure they are dealing with factual information. You can't cover up issues but release them only when black people come into the neighborhood. It doesn't make sense to scream about ghetto thugs coming into your neighborhood if they are coming to partake in an established drug trade in the area.

I would never live in Lakeview because there is too much drama between the residents, racist and thugs. I personally don't see the appeal. It's tough for the residents to manage the situation with so many issues within the neighborhood.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:22 PM

1,219 posts, read 742,680 times
First of all, these wannabe thugs need some discipline, because the stuff they're doing ain't right. But, with that said, they only target certain individuals. If they see someone who's scared, or looks like they don't want no problems, these punks will try 'em - plain and simple. But, if you have that look on your face like, "I just had a bad day and I wish you would try that bullsh^t with me" , ...more than likely, they'll think twice about approaching you. I'm telling you, they want an easy mark - not one that'll put up a fight.

So, if you're scared of protecting yourself, and call yourself hanging out late at night, you might be the next victim on... The Mark Is Right.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:29 PM

78 posts, read 55,938 times
The only trouble I've seen at night are all the trannies slap fighting each other.

Lakeview is safe.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:04 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,248,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'm pretty sure all that poster does is call other posters racists.
Yeah, he tried that with me once. Accusing another of being "racist" is often a tactic employed to try to intimidate or silence someone with an opposing point of view. I think it's despicable.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Status: "I wish everyone would listen to me :)" (set 17 days ago)

3,791 posts, read 1,706,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
I'll use the term "ghetto types". Call a spade a spade. No one is ever REALLY a victim though. And I don't think Lakeview has very many ghetto types. If a few are there, I might be too distracted by the many types of people I don't see all the time in the south suburbs..

Lakeview has a low crime rate for Chicago and it's one of the most bustling neighborhoods. Perhaps certain posters are getting too old and/or too fearful and should just move to Naperville or something. ChicagoMEO even came close to admitting it was more about her personally than the neighborhood..
Yep! i agree with calling a spade a spade ... because that is the opposite of the deplorable disgusting, victim-mentality of the phrase: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

As for anything ruining the once wonderful (and still is) LAKEVIEW. I have avoided the thuggery but I know is on the periphery here, and I hate that the place that i used to be able to go out at all hours of the night, is not here anymore I hate that people with nothing better to do than cause trouble is making it bad for people who wish Lakeview to be the nice place it was (and still is in parts).

Thats my beef with the whole thing. I'm not afraid of anything, just cautious as anyone would in the city. I know where to go, what time of day to go and when it would not be as ideal. Thats it.

I do love the western suburbs and i would be there if it were not for the commute, but the beautiful parks and trees and greenery out in Wheaton, Lisle, Morton Arburtetum, etc.. are beautiful and i love to visit when i can. But I've seen a particular part of Lincoln Park near the Peggy Notebart Museum that reminds me of the western suburbs, and I'm very happy for that. Its a little bit of sweetness in the middle of that area.

People - if you come to Lakeview, please - I say this - rent an apartment, buy a condo, rent your condo, go patronize the mom and pop stores and restaurants, go strolling and enjoy the view, but if you are here to cause trouble, or mess up the neighborhood, get the eff outta here. Dont let the door hit you where the good Lord split you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago