Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,925,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
Sounds like a bunch of liberal mumbo jumbo to me.
What he said has nothing to do with liberalism or political persuasion.

What's wrong with him pointing out that there are fewer married women having children and the birth rate for single women is at its lowest point?

Bless your heart. You've got a lot to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,024,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I think it's a little odd to suggest anyone has made Sharpton a leader, he's not a democratically elected politician, he's a self-appointed leader if anything.

Either way, he doesn't carry much weight in Lake View.
The problem is, people like Sharpton and JJ always find the TV camera and are always going to play the race card. This gets their face on lots of TV programs and there's few other prominent blacks refuting them. Thus, the assumption (probably wrong, but it all about perception) is that they speak for a majority of the black community.

Their message of racism and victimhood sells to the lowest common denominator but a lot of people lap it up.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The problem is, people like Sharpton and JJ always find the TV camera and are always going to play the race card. This gets their face on lots of TV programs and there's few other prominent blacks refuting them. Thus, the assumption (probably wrong, but it all about perception) is that they speak for a majority of the black community.

There message of racism and victimhood sells to the lowest common denominator but a lot of people lap it up.
The problem is, the camera always find them and plays the race card.

When Al is discussing crime and gang violence and issues of morality, the cameras are shut off.

If you or anyone else think they speak for the majority of the Black community, you've got issues!

Old 09-01-2013, 01:03 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,853,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The problem is, the camera always find them and plays the race card.

When Al is discussing crime and gang violence and issues of morality, the cameras are shut off.

If you or anyone else think they speak for the majority of the Black community, you've got issues!
I concur. But, the Black community doesn't make that distinction noticeable to larger society. And while they shouldn't have to, it would be a politically astute move, the same way a Chicago Irish politician distances him/herself from the loony rantings of Bill O'Reilly and his ilk.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM

424 posts, read 466,560 times
Quote:

What's wrong with him pointing out that there are fewer married women having children and the birth rate for single women is at its lowest point?

Good. Now make it lower. Don't stop now!

Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 PM

665 posts, read 1,242,085 times
Quote:

exactly it just math for example, also the illegitimacy rate going from 25% in the 1960's to 45% in the 1980;s was mostly all married woman having less kids if the married black woman birthrate had stayed the same between the time frame. The illegitimacy rate would have only risen from 25 to 29%.

My theory on Blacks is that Blacks who were first freed from slavery for the 1st couple generations
were just happy not to be slaves, but in the 60's that changed. kind of like how first generation Hispanics are
just happy to be here,but their children and grand children see it differently and crime rates rise. In the 60's the manufacturing jobs that could easily make people middle class went away,and Blacks could not effectively take advantage of the economic boom from 40's to the 60"S. The blacks that could make transition to the information economy left as soon as legal barriers were taken down,leaving the rest behind.

Now you only have three options 1. population control of poor Blacks 2. Major wealth redistribution of middle class taxes to social programs. 3. The staus quo. These thing are politically and technically difficult and have no gurantee. it would work.

One option is to maybe use the U.S military budget and just flood the cities and inner cities with cops, but usually after 300 cops per capita,the gains you make in safety start to diminish. does anybody know how many cops NY has per citizen vs Chicago

Old 09-02-2013, 01:21 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,126,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
exactly it just math for example, also the illegitimacy rate going from 25% in the 1960's to 45% in the 1980;s was mostly all married woman having less kids if the married black woman birthrate had stayed the same between the time frame. The illegitimacy rate would have only risen from 25 to 29%.

My theory on Blacks is that Blacks who were first freed from slavery for the 1st couple generations
were just happy not to be slaves, but in the 60's that changed. kind of like how first generation Hispanics are
just happy to be here,but their children and grand children see it differently and crime rates rise. In the 60's the manufacturing jobs that could easily make people middle class went away,and Blacks could not effectively take advantage of the economic boom from 40's to the 60"S. The blacks that could make transition to the information economy left as soon as legal barriers were taken down,leaving the rest behind.

Now you only have three options 1. population control of poor Blacks 2. Major wealth redistribution of middle class taxes to social programs. 3. The staus quo. These thing are politically and technically difficult and have no gurantee. it would work.

One option is to maybe use the U.S military budget and just flood the cities and inner cities with cops, but usually after 300 cops per capita,the gains you make in safety start to diminish. does anybody know how many cops NY has per citizen vs Chicago
They're basically the same - although NYC has over twice as many officers per square mile if you want to look at it another way.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
My theory on Blacks...
Okay?

I understand your post but why develop a theory on a group of people?

I don't understand why not just look at people? Trust me when I say this, it will make your life easier.

I once had a theory on how to identify a white racist and what made them racist. Once after I started seeing people for who they where my theories flew out the window and I found anyone can change if they want to.

People need opportunity. Without opportunity you have chaos. That is the basic story behind any group feeling disenfranchised regardless of color.

Recruiting more police is not the solution because they are some of the biggest crook along with politicians.

A whole industry has been established to keep people circulating through the system regardless of being fair or not. If we could use the money we have in the prison system and actually helping people with education and what ever other needs they may have, we would have half the problems.

If we take things for what they are and start from scratch we will have a much better country.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:26 PM

665 posts, read 1,242,085 times
Quote:
Okay?

I don't understand why not just look at people? Trust me when I say this, it will make your life easier.

I once had a theory on how to identify a white racist and what made them racist. Once after I started seeing people for who they where my theories flew out the window and I found anyone can change if they want to.

People need opportunity. Without opportunity you have chaos. That is the basic story behind any group feeling disenfranchised regardless of color.

Recruiting more police is not the solution because they are some of the biggest crook along with politicians.

A whole industry has been established to keep people circulating through the system regardless of being fair or not. If we could use the money we have in the prison system and actually helping people with education and what ever other needs they may have, we would have half the problems.

If we take things for what they are and start from scratch we will have a much better country.
Im AA by the way to understand the cause of crime, you have to isolate the characteristics of these people and theorize why they behave the way they do. it bais of whole fields like ecocnomics,sociology and psychology.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:06 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,039,669 times
Quote:
Okay?

I agree that people need opportunities, but I disagree that because people lack opportunity it automatically turns them into criminals. If that were the case then many people on south east asia would be extremely violent given how so many millions of them live in housing that is basically a shack without electricity or running water yet you don't see their crime and murder rates shooting through the roof to the rates that blacks in America have even though they have the basics given to them.

The reason why so many blacks are violent and so many become thugs is simply because of horrible parenting. Plain and simple. If blacks had kids at a later age and actually gave a damn in trying to raise them properly, much fewer black kids would turn into black thugs and things would have gotten better in many black communities a LONG TIME AGO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago